Chelsea (H) Post-Match Thread

Stones' best game in an age, ably helped by the awesome Fern.

Merlin still sublime with the ball but without is a worry.

Wierd game but very enjoyable.

FUCK VAR and Chelsea need more songs.

I fully agree with you, we’re far better with the high press and I could be completely wrong here, second guessing Pep is impossible for seasoned trophy winning managers nevermind some clueless fan like myself. simply trying to offer an explanation for it as I can’t imagine it’s a case of the players just not putting the effort in as Pep would absolutely rollick them for it at least in private if not publicly and we’d see an immediate impact the following game yet we’ve seen it for weeks now leading me to believe it’s a planned thing.

In addition to what I said originally, we don’t have a very mobile midfield right now to do it effectively with an ageing silva in there and either gundogan or Rodri behind him, both of whom play in Gareth Barry’s Iron Boots.
Agreed regarding it being planned. I think he's caught between a rock and a hard place regarding Silva and Foden. Today was the day he maybe got the answers he needed.

Was the Mount free kick wider than it looked? At the ground it looked very close but given they didn’t show it on MOTD I’m guessing it wasn’t that close?

It’s overwhelming proof of the BBC’s new Anti-Mount agenda. Or at least it would be if he played for City. Not seen a replay either but it looked fairly close to me, I suspect it’s just one of the numerous very good chances that get cut on the editing floor

They were a match for us today and their midfield was actually better than ours.

Their midfield had more energy and passed the ball better.

Sterling had a shocker, Mahrez, other than his brilliant winner, had a shocker.

Both full backs were poor at times with the ball.

However, Stones and especially Fernandinho were superb and Kun worked his bollocks off and also held the ball up well.

I said in the pre-match thread their midfield is the second best in the league and we would struggle with more than one from Rodri/Gundogan/silva in there and that ultimately proved to be the case. The instance we had just one which was when both Rodri and Silva went off and Gundogan came in flanked by the energy of Foden and kdb despite it being a seriously flagging kdb by that point we looked a lot more in control. We’re simply not mobile enough in midfield with any 2/3 combination of those 3

Way short of playing our best and a squad decimated with injuries yet we still took 3 points off a very useful Chelsea team. Be great if we had our strongest side available for every game and won 6 - 0 all the time, but sometimes ya just gotta win a bit ugly. Good luck to Frank / Chelsea for the rest of the season.
We deserved the win - created more chances - clear cut chances.

Lampard was a class act when he was with us and he remains so. He has been forced to play his young players but he is doing very well indeed and is clearly tactically astute; he had us in the early part of the game until Pep sat our midfield a little deeper so there was less space beyond it and in front of our back four. Clever by Pep and by Lampard who will only get better.

Was really close, surprised they didn’t show it. Was some hit to be fair

I sit in the 3rd tier South Stand. It was injury time, he was 35 yards out against one of the best keepers around. He was never going to score, a poor decision to shoot from there as I think they’d have been better off just playing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.