Chelsea (H) Post-Match Thread

A little bit lucky today imo. They bossed the midfield for the first third of the game and were a little unlucky to be down at half time. Having said that we could easily have had a couple more but then so could they. Happy with the result which is all that matters at the moment.
Good performances from Rodri, Fern and Stones. Glad to see Stones getting back to his best.

Que???

He was awful.

Fairplay to pep for changing it in 2nd half and sitting deeper. Chelsea were far less of a threat then

I think we need to do this more often, esp in cl knockout. Let’s learn to hit teams on the break again, force them to open up and chase goals, and then bury them.

once again today, we had a handful of breaks and pretty much picked the wrong pass, no pass, or became paralyzed by indecisiveness...every time.

Glad with the 3 points. Lampard has definitely improved Chelsea, so we did well against a difficult side.
Worried about el Kun and el Mago, damn bloody injuries.
Pep might have to start Phil, Angeliño and Eric García, that'll be good.

Fuck the VAR: of the dippers, by the dippers, for the dippers.

He's not been forced to play his young players, he's made that decision. There are numerous young players he has chosen to play ahead of others. Why have for example Giroud, azpilicueta and Pedro hardly played. Nothing to do with injuries, he's identified that the kids are better
The transfer ban has forced a different approach but I mean nothing but credit to Lampard: he will be a top manager, I am sure.

I watched the match in bits and parts. Thought Chelsea were very good and their quick, incisive passing to get out of our press were pretty amazing I have to say. Fair play to Lampard to give a lot of minutes to the youth and slowly giving the team an identity (unlike another club with a manager whose wheels are off). Again, we seemed to miss a lot of chances or mess up good breaks which is a worry. However, happy with 3 points against a difficult side. Mendy was so bad it's unbelievable. His passing and ball control was poor and his crosses were horrible. We need a new left back (God knows how much we will spend on this position) and a center half. Oh and VAR is shite but everyone knows that.

However great a team is, it still needs refreshment. Our great team is creaking a little!
I think we have to recognise that we are in transition now. We have lost Vinny Zab YaYa , David in his last season, Serg and Fern coming to end - to replace these is some task in itself but we have the right manager to rebuild. Yes we should still try and win trophies but we have to be realistic too - especially with the injuries we have had.

Agreed. Added to that was also the Leadership qualities that have also not been replaced and I don’t think we have in abundance in the current squad.
Yes we miss Vinny massively - but not easy to find that kind of player now - what did we pay for him £8 million ? Harry McGuire ? No chance - not even half the player Kompany was - I think the closest atm is Virgil Van Dyke and unfortunately he chose the dippers

I agree about Rodri. I think he has been overhyped on here and for me has been fairly average. Fernandinho not being in midfield has definitely impacted but Otamendi can’t be trusted so what do we do?
It’s not even about what we do now. After Fernandinho retires, we have Rodri long term, and he doesn’t look of a high enough standard at all. He looks a level below what we need in midfield.

He’s too slow and isn’t a good forward passer of the ball.

In the short term it’s very frustrating because we still have the best defensive midfielder in the world playing for us, yet we can’t play him there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.