Chelsea (H) Post-Match Thread

“Our press”??? We don’t have one. Even I could escape Aguero and Silva jogging towards me.

Chelsea barely escaped it the whole 2nd half yesterday.

Several players really poor yesterday but at half time we changed it and the press was most definitely there second half.

“Our press”??? We don’t have one. Even I could escape Aguero and Silva jogging towards me.
Again, I agree and disagree.

There was only KDB closing down in the 1st half, but when Aguero and Silva went off, Foden and Jesus were extremely effective at closing CFC down and they just could not get out and build-up play. City played a good game after Foden came on when we controlled the game well. They ended up with a lot of possession at the back but didn't really threaten too much whilst City could have added to our lead.

I watched the match in bits and parts. Thought Chelsea were very good and their quick, incisive passing to get out of our press were pretty amazing I have to say. Fair play to Lampard to give a lot of minutes to the youth and slowly giving the team an identity (unlike another club with a manager whose wheels are off). Again, we seemed to miss a lot of chances or mess up good breaks which is a worry. However, happy with 3 points against a difficult side. Mendy was so bad it's unbelievable. His passing and ball control was poor and his crosses were horrible. We need a new left back (God knows how much we will spend on this position) and a center half. Oh and VAR is shite but everyone knows that.
They made a huge effort in that 1st half where for 15 mins, maybe more they were running rings around us. We couldn't get close to them in midfield. However Pep sorted it 2nd half. We were helped by Silva going off though.

Time to let Foden start a game here or there now. Sorry to say it but we've seen the best of David now and he was a bit of a passenger for much of the game. Foden made a big difference when he came on.

I agree and think it’s a bigger rebuilding job than some think. Let’s hope Pep is here to oversee it.
I can only imagine how upset he is at seeing the dark forces trying to cheat us out of points every week. It must be soul-destroying.

Question is does he stand and fight or think fuck this I'm off.

Time to let Foden start a game here or there now. Sorry to say it but we've seen the best of David now and he was a bit of a passenger for much of the game. Foden made a big difference when he came on.

This.

Merlin as great a player he has been for us is no longer the future and should be sat on the bench from now on imo.

Foden has to play.

Garcia too imo.

I thought that, by his (admittedly, ridiculously high) standards, Kev was mediocre today. Quite a few passes seemed to go astray.

Thought Kev had a very average game, aside from being way below his usual high standard of passing accuracy, what really worried me more was he lost ball possession in central midfield quite easily on three occasions.

The thing is, the Chelsea midfielder didn't do anything special to get the ball off KdB, all he did was wait for Kev to turn in the opposite direction from where he received the ball and got the ball off Kev quite easily.

So Kev was very predictable yesterday.

This.

Merlin as great a player he has been for us is no longer the future and should be sat on the bench from now on imo.

Foden has to play.

Garcia too imo.

We have to find a way of getting Fernandinho back into midfield as that is what we are
missing more than anything for me. Garcia is risky but has to be a better option than Otamendi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.