Var debate 2019/20

I've been against video technology ever since it was rumoured. It doesn't help with everyone complaining about refs, and now the slow motions of every angle so everyone could join the propaganda that we need video assistance.

You do get what you wish for, this is not surprising to me at all. I don't even celebrate goals anymore because waiting around for 3 minutes of some dickheads deciding whether it should count or not. Fuck that

Even the NBCSN commentators and pundits are now calling VAR—especially as it relates to offside assessment—a farce. That should be a real concern for the league given how much they are focused on growing their market in the USA.

Iv already switched off, got rid of all sky sports channels more than a year ago, so glad I'm not paying to watch blatant cheating and liVarpool getting all the decisions.

I've been against video technology ever since it was rumoured. It doesn't help with everyone complaining about refs, and now the slow motions of every angle so everyone could join the propaganda that we need video assistance.

You do get what you wish for, this is not surprising to me at all. I don't even celebrate goals anymore because waiting around for 3 minutes of some dickheads deciding whether it should count or not. Fuck that

Iv already switched off, got rid of all sky sports channels more than a year ago, so glad I'm not paying to watch blatant cheating and liVarpool getting all the decisions.
I have honestly stopped celebrating goals immediately, as well, and only really celebrate after it hasn’t been disallowed (which is 50/50 with us these days), and it never is quite as satisfying that way.

For instance, I can’t imagine how deflated our celebrations in the stands for Raheem’s winner against Soton a few seasons ago would have been with the long pause for VAR to check every frame of the 2 proceeding minutes of build up to find some reason to rule it out. Even if they didn’t find any reason to chalk it off, the ensuing celebration would not have been quite the same. I almost threw the missus in to the lower level when it went in as I lifted her up and lost my mind, and then watched Raheem run across the pitch to right in front of us to celebrate, all the while Mendy skipping down the touch line on one leg to join in.

Do you think any of that would have happened with VAR as it is now?

The thing is we all know City are being cheated and that every thing is being done to help livarpool. Other fans are now starting to say , pundits to. But should the unthinkable happen and dippers win it the press/media will cover it all up and just say other fans are just jealous of the dippers. No we arent jealous we know what we are seeing and it's called cheating. Sky etc will start to lose customers because we know its bent ......it needs to stop

The thing is we all know City are being cheated and that every thing is being done to help livarpool. Other fans are now starting to say , pundits to. But should the unthinkable happen and dippers win it the press/media will cover it all up and just say other fans are just jealous of the dippers. No we arent jealous we know what we are seeing and it's called cheating. Sky etc will start to lose customers because we know its bent ......it needs to stop
If its stops today it's already to late

Nothing will happen til we make it happen, if you have Sky then leave and tell them why, I left 3 years ago.
Our owners need to join in and help bring it down as well.

It looks like its Hawkeye providing VAR. I was under the impression it was just the goal line tech, but they do VAR too. I had a butchers on their home site, interesting to say the least who their sponsors are. Heres the link to the page i was looking at https://www.hawkeyeinnovations.com/sports/football

"In this season’s Premier League, offsides are being determined by the VAR using Hawk-Eye’s virtual offside line technology." https://www.premierleague.com/news/1488423
Ultimately owned by Sony.

I was thinking about VAR last night. It's pretty poor "techmology", basically O-level maths + powerpoint. There is a clear opportunity to provide a better system. I think I'll outline a patent this week and se if I can get some mates interested in putting a proof of concept together.

Anyone know if they broadcast in HD on the beeb/MOTD?

"In this season’s Premier League, offsides are being determined by the VAR using Hawk-Eye’s virtual offside line technology." https://www.premierleague.com/news/1488423
Ultimately owned by Sony.

I was thinking about VAR last night. It's pretty poor "techmology", basically O-level maths + powerpoint. There is a clear opportunity to provide a better system. I think I'll outline a patent this week and se if I can get some mates interested in putting a proof of concept together.

Anyone know if they broadcast in HD on the beeb/MOTD?
It's on my sky platform as a seperate HD channel for the beeb so yes i assume so

"In this season’s Premier League, offsides are being determined by the VAR using Hawk-Eye’s virtual offside line technology." Ultimately owned by Sony.
Does anybody know how many cameras are used for determining offsides. You would need a hell of a lot to ensure you were directly in line with any incident.

If the camera is not directly in line then it makes it far harder to check an offside, which is why the law has to be changed if they persist with VAR.

To be fair I could put together a better system with a box brownie camera, a plastic rule and a set of felt tip pens.

The PigMol's straight edge for tight offside calls ;-
ruler.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.