Match of the Day - 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, but the point stands, he called the decision out. Ballinio is wrong and should not be calling fellow blues liars.
So I was right & I don’t have to wash my ears out ? An apology would be nice

If I got the wording wrong, I hold my hands up, ive no idea where I got it from if so, I’ll put it down to the copious amount of flu medicine I’ve had over the last 48 hours.It doesn’t change my original point in the slightest though. Which was, whatever his choice of words, he undoubtedly expressed his opinion on it which said everything there is to say on the matter and showing it over and over again adds nothing new considering how obvious it was at a single glance.
I apologise for calling you a liar when you made a genuine mistake , but he did not discuss it in the slightest, he couldn’t wait to move on .City being cheated means nothing to these clowns .Do you think we were cheated , again ?

Very disappointed they didn’t really discuss the palace goal or the city one. Seems there are some clear attempts to minimise criticism of var at the beeb and certainly on sky. I also notice that BBC have a piece on Riley ‘admitting’ there were 4 poor var calls before the international break. If that is their opinion they should immediately suspend the var experiment until it has a 100% accuracy.....it’s effecting points, league positions, and therefore club income.
I honestly think it's an editorial decision that's been made simply because there are so many dodgy decisions that they'd never be able to talk about anything else. Gary Lineker's done a complete 180 on the issue and did get a snide comment in about it. He does a podcast with Danny Baker and he spent the first few weeks of the season defending it and saying it needs time, and he's basically now against it. As they point out, there were always debatable decisions, but you used to get a real howler of a refereeing mistake maybe once every 6 or 7 weeks. Now we get several every weekend, and it's partly because VAR either actually highlights them and then does nothing about them, or as we saw yesterday, inputs controversy where there was none. No Chelsea fan would have complained yesterday if that goal had been given, and we likely would have been far more forgiving of a linesman who had to make a split second decision on a tight call and wrongly called him off. The problem is when they stop the game to overturn a perfectly correct decision on basically zero evidence.

It's far less forgivable for Sky to do an entire half-hour of analysis of a single match and not bring it up, which from what I've heard, is what happened.

Last edited:
Not MOTD but I’ve just watched the Chelsea extended highlights on the OS... at last they’ve dropped the 1min+ showing the team walk on the pitch, showing the teamsheets, discussing prematch bobbins. hopefully that will continue and they always show more actual action.

They also showed a lot of the Sterling goal - about 1/6 of the total time was spent on that. MotD take note - it was a great goal, Sterling movement was immaculate, and it was not a ‘clear and obvious’ mistake, nor was it offside by more than what’s capable of being deciphered at that resolution/FPS.

So I was right & I don’t have to wash my ears out ? An apology would be nice
I think a period of silence from you would be good. You keep insisting that jug ears did not call the decision ludicrous when he clearly did. And you call ppl with more accurate recall than you as liars. You will get ignored by me.
Edit. The exact words are not the issue, your insistence that the incident was not commented on is. Are you just nasty or obtuse ?

Last edited:
I think a period of silence from you would be good. You keep insisting that jug ears did not call the decision ludicrous when he clearly did. And you call ppl with more accurate recall than you as liars. You will get ignored by me.
Edit. The exact words are not the issue, your insistence that the incident was not commented on is. Are you just nasty or obtuse ?
There you go again , he didn’t call it Ludicrous at all.
Btw who the fuck are you to tell me I should be silent? The fucking thought police , concentrate on getting your facts right .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.