Protest?

Eds

With all the talk about how bent / corrupt etc the game has become and how the laws of the game are being manipulated to help certain teams / agents / syndicates etc how can we as a fanbase become the leaders of any protest. Seen on here talk about banners, tennis balls being thrown, staying on the concourse, not attending games etc but would they really work? We can't even get a decent singing section going (no disrespect to those who try) so how on earth can we get something like this off the ground? Look at how games are reported when we can all see the opposite has gone on. Look at how the media backed Gomez over a bit of booing yet were effectively fueling it when it was Raheem on the receiving end. Look at how the Liverpool hacking scandal has been brushed under the carpet or when the likes of Mark Halsey speak out it is chip paper within 24 hours as if it never happened. Who is really going to stick their heads above the parapet and call out the powers that be for the cheating and corruption that is going on in the game.

I like the tennis ball route myself. Even the rags would be on board with doing it with us at the Derby I’d imagine. The higher profile of the clubs that do it, the more it’ll be talked about.

bet your bottom dollar if we did it against Sheff Utd or Leicester the fans would be crucified on MOTD and Sky etc. But if it’s done on derby day with them joining in it’ll be sung to a different tune.

I like the tennis ball route myself. Even the rags would be on board with doing it with us at the Derby I’d imagine. The higher profile of the clubs that do it, the more it’ll be talked about.

bet your bottom dollar if we did it against Sheff Utd or Leicester the fans would be crucified on MOTD and Sky etc. But if it’s done on derby day with them joining in it’ll be sung to a different tune.
Too stupid to bother explaining why

Honestly, the derby is a day for us battering them and sticking it up them. I don't want it to be anything other than hostile and horrible for them, no joining forces to protest about VAR. If we are seriously going to do something then save it for the Leicester game.

agree, we as fans can say and do what the club cant. We can either sit and make a formal complaint that will go straight in the bin or make our voices heard, least we can do is say "we know your game"

Lets not get like the dipper fans the club have already put complaints in about oliver small steps i know but in the long run im sure everything will come out if it really is corrupt as it looks.

I didn't see any cheating and corruption this weekend. That's going a bit far in my opinion.

I do really dislike VAR though and even when it gets a decision right e.g.,Sheff Utd it still destroys a moment. Palace's disallowed goal was the correct decision. The Sterling disallowed goal was highly questionable because I don't think VAR can be precise enough to make such calls. WHat are the officials supposed to do in such a situation? I can see why they disallowed Sterling's goal, even though I think that it is ridiculous to do so.

VAR has to go because it damages the game and the experience for fans, but it's no more biased than the system we had before....it is after all used by the same people.

Lets not get like the dipper fans the club have already put complaints in about oliver small steps i know but in the long run im sure everything will come out if it really is corrupt as it looks.
VAR will surely get thrown out at the end of the season, but I think football fans should make their feelings known.

It would be good if the Football Supporters Federation, or a movement across football would speak up. At the moment it feels a little bit like a City v Liverpool thing because of the negative impact VAR has had on City's games, but I am sure the feeling goes way beyond City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.