VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

Why is Zouma's arm not where the line is? which part of the body is supposed to be offside/onside exactly? last time I checked you play with your feet any line should be from the foot only. How can an armpit be offside?
It really doesn't matter. Tight offside decisions can effectively be given which ever way they want by the VAR ref picking the frame that suits the narrative. There are probably 3 or 4 frames they can choose from where you could conceivably (subjectively/corruptly) say the ball is being passed. This is more than enough to make the difference between onside and offside when an attacking player is running at speed.

The Sterling goal being ruled out might have an impact much further down the line, Marvin.

We've won a league title before on goal difference, haven't we?
Yeh buts nothing compared to the amount of goals we should have refrained ourselves from scoring against Watford and the like........

We bring it on ourselves really ;-)

It really doesn't matter. Tight offside decisions can effectively be given which ever way they want by the VAR ref picking the frame that suits the narrative. There are probably 3 or 4 frames they can choose from where you could conceivably (subjectively/corruptly) say the ball is being passed. This is more than enough to make the difference between onside and offside when an attacking player is running at speed.

All VAR reviews need to be based on clear and obvious errors, all of them. Otherwise it is open to corruption and we are seeing that.

These controversies will go on until the dumb heads adopt the protocols used in Cricket and Rugby (and maybe Tennis?) with any overrules based on talking it through on the big screen, possibly following system of challenges.

The current system cuts out the fans completely and fuels conspiracy theories (especially when there are conspiracies!).

The PL league have said that the linesman flagged for offside. This is a blatant lie. I didnt celebreate the goal because the moment the ball huit the back of the net Atkinson had his finger to his ear. He went to the linesman and they had a long chat he then put his flag up and Atkinson pointed to offside. When the people running the game blatantly lie you know the game is corrupt

This is why I still feel pissed off 2 days later. I was sat directly opposite the lino. He did not flag for any decision until he was told to by Atkinson. When you have a blatant lie like this you can only think it is corrupt. All they had to say was the lino and the ref thought it was on but very close so they waited for the VAR review, why lie ? especially when their is TV evidence that could (but wont be) used to show it is a lie.

The Liverpool VAR decision was correct. Lovren was pushed. The Sterling goal made no difference.

The Anfield officiating was hard to accept, and shouldn't be accepted but I prefer defiance to fatalism. If Liverpool lose Salah then they will be derailed, and the Palace game showed that. They really were very fortunate to win that.

A chink of light is opening up. So far it's City who have been hounded by injury, but Salah's injury problems pushes the door open for us.

How come they only manage to get liverpools decisions correct ? Also why do you and others keep saying Sterlings goal made no difference ? At 2-1 they still had a chance to launch a couple of attacks and grab an equaliser. If it was 3-1 it was safe no matter what they did. The fact he had the goal chalked off could have made a huge difference and that is ignoring goal difference and golden boots. What is happening is a disgrace

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.