Protest?

Tennis balls would be great but we wouldn’t be allowed to take Them in. This isn’t Anfield where the police look another way
Personally a protest with United would work perfect - even if it was just 25000 banners held in in level 1. Let’s be honest the only teams that care about this are us, Utd and Everton. For everyone else they are being screwed over once or twice a year and apart from that it is 50-50. Only the 3 teams above are actually paying attention to the favourable treatment Liverpool get

Wasting your time, it'll just make us look entitled and the Liverpool loving media will use it as yet another stick to beat us with.

I couldn’t give 2 hoots what fans of other clubs think of us if we do it, we’re hated anyways, granted maybe not on Liverpool’s scale but hated none the less.

As for the journalists, most of them are bitching about VAR too so it would be very hypocritical of them to make the fans look bad for protesting over it.

Sorry Marv but i couldn't disagree more. You say say you didn't see any cheating or corruption but in your first line highlight cheating and corruption. Fouls like the palace one happen every single game and i can't remember one ever being used before to disallow a goal via VAR. Just because it was the correct decision (and i don't think it was) doesn't mean its not being used to manipulate and manufacture an outcome. If they suddenly start disallowing goals every time there is that kind of incident, then ill accept it, but we all know it wont.
There was a similar incident on Saturday but the goal in that game was given. I can't remember which game it was now, but it was mentioned on MOTD.
I, naively, thought VAR would make the game fairer, I thought that allowing the refs to have another look at incidents would take away any excuses for bad decisions. However, they've managed to twist it in order to give decisions how they please. It's somehow given them even more ability to manipulate decisions. The ref hides behind the decision from Stockley Park, and the video ref there uses this 'not clear and obvious' excuse to choose to give it or not give, whichever he prefers.

There's a huge danger of people falling into Mike Riley's trap here. I certainly wouldn't argue that VAR is perfect. Far from it. But it has highlighted both the incompetence of Riley and even the corruption of the PL aided by him and his bent band of robber refs. And that's the last thing he wants,which is why they're doing their best to make it toxic.

We should be demanding that VAR stays but that its operation is transparent. That would be a defeat for him whereas dropping it would be a win.

Last edited:
We should forget tennis balls for the time being. I would go down the anti VAR chanting route and a whole host of pertinent banners as a starting point.

VAR at present only seems to be used to rule out goals on marginal offsides which is frankly ridiculous. The pitch side monitors should be stoned as a pre-game warm up by invited fans as they are not going to be used anyway.

I didn't see any cheating and corruption this weekend. That's going a bit far in my opinion.

I do really dislike VAR though and even when it gets a decision right e.g.,Sheff Utd it still destroys a moment. Palace's disallowed goal was the correct decision. The Sterling disallowed goal was highly questionable because I don't think VAR can be precise enough to make such calls. WHat are the officials supposed to do in such a situation? I can see why they disallowed Sterling's goal, even though I think that it is ridiculous to do so.

VAR has to go because it damages the game and the experience for fans, but it's no more biased than the system we had before....it is after all used by the same people.

watch the palace game then

3,000rags who have been on the piss from the time their trains have pulled into Piccadilly station,45,000 blues many who will have been on the piss from 12 o'clock,and 100,000 tennis balls,two each, would be mayhem black eyes and bloody noses everywhere,but it would be hilarious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.