New City Pub To Open Inside the Stadium

I don't see how we can compare our corporate revenue to United or Liverpool.
Both these clubs have a massive amount of overseas and UK support.
People, who might only attend a few matches a year and are happy to pay corporate prices.
In the case of Liverpool it is probably the only way they will get to see a game.
City have a team tasked with increasing match day revenue who are judged on results.
If targets are not met then they increase the season ticket prices to cover and shortfall.
This hits the ordinary fan but has little impact on anyone who can afford corporate hospitality.

I'm recoved from 18 hours travelling yesterday and hooked up to wi-fi so I've had a look while I've got a few minutes. Very interesting this as in 2013, we restated the 2012 accounts. In the original 2012 accounts we showed matchday revenue of £21.8m and commercial revenue of £121.1m. The following year the comparative figures for 2012 had been changed to £35.5m for matchday revenue and £107.5m for commercial revenue. My assumption is that we reclassified matchday hospitality from commercial to matchday income in the 2013 FY and therefore changed the figures. If that's the case, we've got a great insight into those revenue streams for 2012 as we know that hospitality income was £13.7m in 2012. That was 38.4% of overall matchday revenue under the combined numbers.

Someone else may know better than me but I'm going to assume general admission prices (and therefore revenue) have increased 50% since 2012, meaning they're standing at £33m for 2019. They restated commercial income due to different accounting treatment of the F3 contract revenues but under the old system total revenues would have been £58m for matchday, meaning hospitality was £25m under my assumption, making it 43% of matchday revenue overall.

Remember that United's is around 60% so general admission is 40%. If we compute similar proportions to United and general admission (40%) is £33m, then comparable hospitality revenues would be around £50m, which is double what it is at the moment. Even if we assume that £58m for 2019 is split 50/50, £29m general admission and £29m hospitality, then applying that 40/60 split and extrapolating hospitality from there, wwould give a lower figure of £43m for hospitality and that, added to the £29m for general admission, would put us level with Liverpool. That sounds about right so if United's split is right then we're "losing" £14m potential hospitality revenue comapred to them.

Hope that makes sense. If it does, it seems to support my argument that our margins on hospitality are relatively low.

Just a note on the restatement. Commercial deals are often sold as a package (i used to be involved in agreeing to what my then firm bought some years ago). So you might agree to pay £300k and that might be a mix of Corp Tickets / Advertising / Sponsorship of Stuff / other things they can throw in like venue hire maybe. The reinstatement might have been splitting these totals down as opposed to moving them all from one category to another.

I’m in this new gaff for the derby on Saturday.
Anyone been in yet/know if there’s any dress code (will I be allowed in with my home kit on?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.