Aguero injury - Silver lining for Jesus ?

In terms of quick feet, and ability to move and control the ball, I think Jesus is right up there. As good as Bernardo in that regard. Bernardo and Messi are probably the best two dribblers in the world at the moment. In terms of a centre-forward, Jesus is technically outstanding. Got everything. He just needs games.

Good header of the ball too - despite his size

another chance to Jesus to establish himself.....so far he hasnt done this with other opportunities when Sergio has been unavaiable..

Jesus needs to make himself undroppable and the only way he does that is by performances and that must include goal scoring the chances he gets and not just build up play.
. So far he hasnt been good enough/consistent enough to do so

I disagree. Pep was asked about the injuries in general and how the team will cope with the number we have, and he said that maybe with our mentality it will work in our favour.

I think you underestimate Jesus. It's not easy playing as a substitute knowing that however well you do, Aguero will start the next game. We've seen Aguero struggle after coming back from injury. Players generally need a run of games.

Pep spoke in absolutely glowing terms about Jesus. It's rare that you see Pep do that.

The whole press conference is here

Pep talks about gabby like that all the time,he is hardly going to not big him up when he has to step up,our mentality will work in our favour not sergio being injured
A couple of seasons ago you wrote off all our oldies,you also gave a pasionate arguement that messi is past it,you clearly don't rate older players,at least be honest about it,if you had put in gabby's thread does sergio being out work in his favour then that would be an obvious position to take

another chance to Jesus to establish himself.....so far he hasnt done this with other opportunities when Sergio has been unavaiable..

Jesus needs to make himself undroppable and the only way he does that is by performances and that must include goal scoring the chances he gets and not just build up play.

The only other real opportunity he had was in the run in in 17/18 in which he scored 5 in 7 starts. He hasn't started more than two in a row in the league since then.

The only other real opportunity he had was in the run in in 17/18 in which he scored 5 in 7 starts. He hasn't started more than two in a row in the league since then.

Which,unfortunately,speaks volumes,however that could be about to change,but still wouldn't risk him tomorrow as I said on here a few hours ago,Saturday is were we need him most.

And that is equally true for Kun isn't it?

Aguero is the greatest striker in the history of the club but is at the beginning of his decline, due to age.

He’s not what he was in 2012, in terms of agility, speed and getting about.

I do feel we look better as a team when Jesus starts as he’s so dynamic.

Of course Aguero is the better player and better finisher but I think the team tend to play a bit better with Jesus.

I think we need to be starting Foden and Jesus now in our first 11.

Which,unfortunately,speaks volumes,however that could be about to change,but still wouldn't risk him tomorrow as I said on here a few hours ago,Saturday is were we need him most.

In what way does it speak volumes? Sorry mate, I'm not following.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.