Veganism

I eat less meat than I used to for a variety of reasons but there’s a lamb steak in the oven at the moment. It’s a weakness! I like milk and cheese too much to be vegan.

Only a vegetarian brain can retain the experiences continuously without losing the intensity... :)

I watched the ‘game changers’ on Netflix. It certainly changed my perspective. Will cut down on meat for sure.

I watched this last night and it stunned me.

I always said I would only go vegan, if I ever did, because of the environment.

I had no idea about the health benefits.

My wife and I have been eating veggie through the week for about five weeks, for environmental reasons.

Now we are moving towards only eating meat when out, instead of cooking with it at the weekend.

I must say in that time my opinions have changed massively, I now consider eating veggie when out, which I would never have done previously.

Game changers has just added to our understanding, and has inspired us further.

I will not pin my colours to the mast and say I will go veggie or vegan but we will make conscious decisions to cut right back on animal products.

Meat according to the World Health Organization is a type 2 Carcinogen which means " may cause cancer " - this is the grass fed 'better' meats on the market.

Processed meat such as Hotdogs, The Pepperoni on your Pizza and the Ham you get for your butties is according to the World Health Organization a class 1 Carcinogen which is the same bracket as Asbestos & Cigarettes.

Will this stop me eating meat probably not but it should do.....

If anyone can watch the programme that was just on BBC 1 and not feel guilty about our meat consumption habits then I don’t know what will alter their views.

The impact of eating meat at the rate we do is devastating.

I watched the ‘game changers’ on Netflix. It certainly changed my perspective. Will cut down on meat for sure.

I'm going to be honest here, since watching that and also watching 'what the health' i've cut out meat entirely. Now i know i gave @kiam06 plenty of stick in another thread on this but it's totally changed my view on it. It's not the animal cruelty that made me make my mind up but the fact that so much farm land is wasted on feeding the animals, i think it's something like 83% of farm land actually produces 13% of food!! That just isn't sustainable.

Since cutting it out i've ran a marathon and another half plus plenty of training runs and and feel absolutely fine the day after, feel like my recovery times have come right down.
I also haven't missed it at all, i don't like some of the substitute 'meats' so have stuck to vegetables and beans/pulses and as long as they're cooked right and are spiced correctly they actually taste better.

Meat according to the World Health Organization is a type 2 Carcinogen which means " may cause cancer " - this is the grass fed 'better' meats on the market.

Processed meat such as Hotdogs, The Pepperoni on your Pizza and the Ham you get for your butties is according to the World Health Organization a class 1 Carcinogen which is the same bracket as Asbestos & Cigarettes.

Will this stop me eating meat probably not but it should do.....

Seeing the US FDA have these processed meats in the same bracket as Plutonium should be a warning to everyone that they aren't good for you!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.