Chelsea thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed watching the game yesterday, two very stylish teams. Chelsea a pleasure to watch as a neutral. They could be just what we need to stop the dippers winning the league since pigmob would be torn ....do they favour an England old boy and possible future manager or appeal to the masses of fake dippers by handing it to them .....

Cheers lads. You can probably tell why I have been buzzing watching us this season, even if results can be a bit inconsistent. Just 12 months ago, it'd have been unthinkable that we would go to City away and start with 2 academy players with 2 more coming off the bench and only lose narrowly.

I thought the first 20 minutes you were exceptional, so well done for that.

I think Lampard would have tried to play the academy players, all the same but it's probably the attitude of the club's hierarchy that has been helped by transfer ban. Either way, I'm pretty happy we were forced to serve the ban, all things considered.
You have the makings of a very good team there,V.The old saying "every cloud ..." is certainly applicable to Chelsea as that transfer ban has helped groom your youngsters into men.
Mind you,I`m not surprised at how well Lamps is doing ... seeing that we taught him everything in his short career at City. ;)

He likes any club who refuse to "park the bus" mate.You certainly couldn`t say that Chelsea did.

Could we go one step further and suggest that he's only being this complimentary because we didn't park the bus AND City won.

Like all great managers and players in the history of the game, he can be a bit of a bad/sore loser :)

Could we go one step further and suggest that he's only being this complimentary because we didn't park the bus AND City won.

Like all great managers and players in the history of the game, he can be a bit of a bad/sore loser :)

Not really mate, if we get beat fair and square Pep accepts the result and will give praise where it's due which I'm sure he would have done on Saturday had we lost..

When we get beat 'cos we've been fucked over, he understandably is pissed off like we all are... nothing wrong with that..!

BTW I was there on Saturday and your team were suberb, I was impressed with Abraham amongst others..

It was a good win for us against the best team I've seen at the Etihad for some time..!

What impressed me was the pace in which they mounted attacks. From the back the ball was delivered with some alarming speed - all on the turf. The weakness is at the back. The right sided CB didn't look comfortable on the ball and clearly needed time and space to execute a pass (Gatito would have had a field day charging him down!) and their goalie is a million miles away from our sure-footed Eddie!
The passing out from the back at speed was a Sarri tatic which Lampard has picked up and ran with. Chelsea also looked good against us in parts ...during their 6nil defeat.last season. .there were still passages of play where Chelsea worked the ball from keeper right into our own penalty area.This is the classic Sarri football and it is why I was sad he left out shores.His great tactical mind was an education to me and I believe should have won more plaudits last season...but for some reason Chelsea were not the media favs....I could see with my own eyes exactly what Sarri was all about with jorghinho at the base of the midfield...shifting kante elsewhere...having a composed playmaker in that role rather than a destroyer. ...Now Lampard has gone with it..well played Frank,got to hand it to you. ..a world of difference from what you set up at Derby last season. ..but no one should ever forget the influence Sarri has had on this Chelsea team.The man is a genius...Pep himself bows down to him.
Lampard has shown himself to be an incredibly adept young manager, and to be honest. I wish Chelsea all the best ..,playing flowing football in such style with young players who understand the mantra.All credit to Frank but don't forget who laid the foundation's.imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.