Blue Story

100% correct and I think it was released again in 1999 after Kubrick had died.
I saw it first in 1971 when I was 15 and then saw it the second time in 1999/2000 when I was in my mid -forties.
I saw it first in Paris in 1981. There was a small cinema in the Pigalle district that ran it a few times every week for British tourists.

It was re-released after Kubrick’s death, as you say. He never accepted the film as responsible, famously writing in response: “To try and fasten any responsibility on art as the cause of life seems to me to put the case the wrong way around. Art consists of reshaping life, but it does not create life, nor cause life. Furthermore, to attribute powerful suggestive qualities to a film is at odds with the scientifically accepted view that, even after deep hypnosis in a posthypnotic state, people cannot be made to do things which are at odds with their natures.”

Just throwing that into the Blue Story debate!

Did they ban music when mods, rockers and teddy boys we knifing each other?

The film didn't cause the mass brawl, little wankers did, it has been playing in other areas with ni problems and it actually uses the story to show gangs are not cool.

Vue went OTT in their response, I have seen mass brawls in Openshaw, that stabbing in harpurey Mcdonalds the other week was the aftermath of a previous brawl the day before.
Strange they banned t but other places haven't, but I don't blame them as they have a duty of care to there workers as well other cinema goers. One thing for sure like when anything is banned they got massive publicity

They've banned it due to safety of the staff members being compromised across the country, namely due to I.D's being asked for and then being aggressive after being refused entry because they don't have them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.