Protest?

I thought the idea of VAR was to rectify clear and obvious mistakes.Not forensically analyze huge segments of the game to allow/disallow Goals.
Its mostly to disallow goals and its a major own goal too.

A game that has its whole point of scoring goals, they've decided fewer is better, its complete madness imho, its not just offside either, an insignificant touch of a strikers hand = no goal now, yet a defender can pretty much stop a goal accidentally by hand and its fine, more madness, in a sport dedicated to scoring goals.

Sorry Marv but i couldn't disagree more. You say say you didn't see any cheating or corruption but in your first line highlight cheating and corruption. Fouls like the palace one happen every single game and i can't remember one ever being used before to disallow a goal via VAR. Just because it was the correct decision (and i don't think it was) doesn't mean its not being used to manipulate and manufacture an outcome. If they suddenly start disallowing goals every time there is that kind of incident, then ill accept it, but we all know it wont.

Agreed - its the selective application of these rules that stinks. I can only think of one VAR decision that has gone against Liverpool this season, and that was during a comfortable win.

There was a similar incident on Saturday but the goal in that game was given. I can't remember which game it was now, but it was mentioned on MOTD.
I, naively, thought VAR would make the game fairer, I thought that allowing the refs to have another look at incidents would take away any excuses for bad decisions. However, they've managed to twist it in order to give decisions how they please. It's somehow given them even more ability to manipulate decisions. The ref hides behind the decision from Stockley Park, and the video ref there uses this 'not clear and obvious' excuse to choose to give it or not give, whichever he prefers.

Didn't see it but someone said Van Dyke clattered a defender during the build-up to the Liverrpool winner, but VAR didn't "notice".

Outside protest for SPOTY or even better get somebody in there chanting fcuk VAR, Sterling could mouth it when they give him second prize!

A good idea would be all staying silent when a goal is scored. Then going wild when the game kicks off again cos that's when you know the goal officially stands.... And in reality that is how it's now, becoming when a goal goes in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.