Chelsea thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we go one step further and suggest that he's only being this complimentary because we didn't park the bus AND City won.

Like all great managers and players in the history of the game, he can be a bit of a bad/sore loser :)
Are you a sore loser Vialli, all week you've been telling us how Chelsea will get a point, now your saying Pep can be a sore loser.

The passing out from the back at speed was a Sarri tatic which Lampard has picked up and ran with. Chelsea also looked good against us in parts ...during their 6nil defeat.last season. .there were still passages of play where Chelsea worked the ball from keeper right into our own penalty area.This is the classic Sarri football and it is why I was sad he left out shores.His great tactical mind was an education to me and I believe should have won more plaudits last season...but for some reason Chelsea were not the media favs....I could see with my own eyes exactly what Sarri was all about with jorghinho at the base of the midfield...shifting kante elsewhere...having a composed playmaker in that role rather than a destroyer. ...Now Lampard has gone with it..well played Frank,got to hand it to you. ..a world of difference from what you set up at Derby last season. ..but no one should ever forget the influence Sarri has had on this Chelsea team.The man is a genius...Pep himself bows down to him.
Lampard has shown himself to be an incredibly adept young manager, and to be honest. I wish Chelsea all the best ..,playing flowing football in such style with young players who understand the mantra.All credit to Frank but don't forget who laid the foundation's.imo

S'funny how fans see things differently. I was in London a few months ago and my daughter was having some work done and a bit of scaffolding was coming down. I said to one of the guys that with the accent he must be a West Ham fan. No, Chelsea he says, told him I was City and he said he was at the Etihad a few weeks back. Well, he said, I stayed for twenty minutes! I think it was four nil by then, and he said, ST holder, he wasn't going back until Sarri had left. I assume he has returned. Pep did indeed have a lot of positive things to say about Sarri and you could see that he is not one of those coaches who just set up to not lose but constantly thinks about how a pattern of play can bear fruit.

Not really mate, if we get beat fair and square Pep accepts the result and will give praise where it's due which I'm sure he would have done on Saturday had we lost..

When we get beat 'cos we've been fucked over, he understandably is pissed off like we all are... nothing wrong with that..!

BTW I was there on Saturday and your team were suberb, I was impressed with Abraham amongst others..

It was a good win for us against the best team I've seen at the Etihad for some time..!

It was a bit tongue in cheek, but I do not necessarily think being a bad loser is a bad thing and it was certainly meant as a criticism of Pep. I think most winners, certainly the serial winners, are all sore losers to some extent.

Thanks, I was rather proud of how we played on Saturday.

Are you a sore loser Vialli, all week you've been telling us how Chelsea will get a point, now your saying Pep can be a sore loser.

I probably am to be fair, but it was not meant as an attack on Pep. I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with being a sore loser.

The passing out from the back at speed was a Sarri tatic which Lampard has picked up and ran with. Chelsea also looked good against us in parts ...during their 6nil defeat.last season. .there were still passages of play where Chelsea worked the ball from keeper right into our own penalty area.This is the classic Sarri football and it is why I was sad he left out shores.His great tactical mind was an education to me and I believe should have won more plaudits last season...but for some reason Chelsea were not the media favs....I could see with my own eyes exactly what Sarri was all about with jorghinho at the base of the midfield...shifting kante elsewhere...having a composed playmaker in that role rather than a destroyer. ...Now Lampard has gone with it..well played Frank,got to hand it to you. ..a world of difference from what you set up at Derby last season. ..but no one should ever forget the influence Sarri has had on this Chelsea team.The man is a genius...Pep himself bows down to him.
Lampard has shown himself to be an incredibly adept young manager, and to be honest. I wish Chelsea all the best ..,playing flowing football in such style with young players who understand the mantra.All credit to Frank but don't forget who laid the foundation's.imo

Good post. Enjoyed reading that.

Fantastic post mate. You only have to look at those 2 games of ours against Napoli a couple of seasons ago to see how good a manager Sarri is, and he has definitely had more of an influence on this Chelsea team than he gets credit for with Lampard now continuing the good work. Sarri gets slaughtered for results like the 4-0 defeat at Bournemouth and the 6-0 loss at ours, but even though we played very well that day they did too in parts and it was just one of those games where pretty much every attempt goes in. And although he was already on his way out the door with his fate sealed, Sarri pulled it back over the last couple of months of the season, finishing 3rd and winning a pot to boot.

As for Saturday, I thought they were fantastic. I knew they were good but the way they were moving the ball about surprised me, and there was a spell in the first half where we couldn't get anywhere near them. We eventually managed to get a foothold and I think a bit of naivety and inexperience cost them in the end, but that should get ironed out over time and while I think it's a bit too soon for them to challenge for the title this season, they're improving at an astonishing rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.