Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

The last thing I would want is for them to be docked points. I know they would want us to be docked points, they go on about it all time e on rawk , but let's not stop to their level. I would want them to be found guilty and maybe, as has been suggested they should be fined massively and stopped from playing in maybe the FA cup.

You are missing the point I am making. If they were to be found guilty the obvious punishment is having points being docked. There is no way on this earth that the powers that be would dare do that, hell they couldn't even chalk off their goal to give us the penalty the other week. Can you imagine them working to the letter of the law and giving LiVARpool a points deduction ?

Edit: Actually they will wait until the week before the end of the season to announce the punishment. With one game to go LiVARpool will be 7 points in front of us and will be docked 3 points. They could then turn around and show how decisively they have acted.

That payment has no legal basis. A serious criminal offence has potentially been committed and if (and if is the key word) it is properly investigated and Liverpool are proved to have hacked City then it is a) a criminal offence for which Liverpool would be prosecuted and b) it has to be in breach of FA conduct rules and they would receive a very severe sanction. McLarens £100m fine for hacking Ferrari has to be the precedent. This is potentially the biggest story in British football for decades but few if any journalists are interested. It’ll be interesting to see how the FA manage to brush something as big as this under the carpet and I suspect City are piling on the pressure to get back at Liverpool. In time this could get very very interesting. I hope it does.

i hope your right but i dont see it. I can see the payment made as a golden handshake and left at that.

If LiVARpool is found guilty and I think there is no doubt that they are then the minimum number of points they should be docked should be into double figures. If they are still top of the league then it will be one of those times when they will deduct them one less point than they are clear to keep them top and then say we have punished them. IMO opinion if found guilty then relegation should be a certainty. Let's not underestimate what has been done here.

manimanc I was thinking more in the line of a 25pt deduction and a £75 million fine, or better still automatic relegation to the 1st division of the football league, and be unable to sign any players for the next 3 seasons at any level.

This then would stop any other club from trying to do the same again. But we all know what will happen, the FA will let Liverpool lie and cheat their way out of this by saying they didn't know anything about this, and that the said members of staff did this on their own account.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.