Shakhtar Donetsk (H) CL Post-Match Thread

After the past few seasons in the CL where we have been the early favourites and we have maybe peaked too early.. perhaps this is a good omen and getting through the early stages and growing into the competition is “us” this time round. As that is often the script for the eventual winners...

Or maybe I’m clutching at straws.. who knows.

The set-up of the team didn't seem right, the passing through the lines not good, the tempo not right and we give the ball away in dangerous situations far too many times. Also so many players off their game at the moment.Apart from that we did alright and still qualified.

Who cares if we actually lose the game,for all we know we may win it also,my concern is that pep is stubborn enough to play a nearly full strength team in an absolute dead rubber,were there is the chance of injuries as well,play 4-5 senior players and the rest as I mentioned foden,Garcia,harwood bellis along with say poveda,bernabe and so on..

sadly I agree. I see foden + 1 other getting the chance. The rest will be regulars

i think rodri is an excellent buy - but something is wrong with the balance in midfield - i dot know if its him or the others....individually Rodri is playing ver well however....

Cancello has done ok.

Angelino -?????? unsure about but Mendy is an equal concern for me as well

There is no legs in the midfield and that is the major problem. Rodri only adds to the problem and he is no Dinho at covering ground.

Gundogan can’t really run, De Brunye has lost half a yard since his injury and actually looks overweight and Silva is 34.

Yet those 4 always make up the midfield trio.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.