Bring the Noise

Or we aren’t and the drum is fucking shit, proper fucking shit!

Don’t agree. I think the links to teams like Bolton are a bit lame as well. Considering the amount of sides across Europe that use them to great effect.

The truth is most if not all of our songs aren’t sung in time. And for me it’s no different from the people at the back of the south stand banging the metal.

Something like this has to be done as it’s getting worse.theres too many people stood there in silence thinking they are too Cool to join in with anything. I’e the poznan, flags, scarves, singing

A traditional English terrace culture, combined with the odd drum beat and a group starting the song sounds good to me

Drop the drum jrb but love the megaphone, needs to be louder though or perhaps 2 megaphones ?

Well done anyway for the effort

I used a megaphone when I was in lock 111 years ago. Only for about 5 games. Even there I didn’t get any abuse or negativity.

People will always be for and against megaphone.

I think it’s how you use it. Occasionally, at the right times during a game, and with the right chants.

A European Capo would never work in England.

There are too many fans who want to start chants off themselves.

And I for one don’t think 1 person on a megaphone has the right to dictate chants to 100’s of fans throughout the match.

I
I don’t mind a megaphone really.

Just please, PLEASE, no drums!

I think we will have failed as a fanbase, shut the door, lock it, never get it back; if we have a drum.

I’ll let you all into a secret, I was on the megaphone. ;-)

I know, fire away. :-(

I appreciate people’s views and respect them.

There has been a lot of discussion with the club about the megaphone. It’s been on going for months.

It’s not a decision that has been made over night.

Both the club and 1894 have compromised on issues about using the megaphone, it’s location on the terraces, etc, until an agreement was finally reached.

Tonight was a trial of the megaphone. (and the drum)

Both 1894 and the club felt a CL match was the right match to trial both, as the atmosphere is usually pretty dire, if we’re being honest. As it was tonight.

A PL game was discussed, but the general consensus was PL games, especially the big PL games, tend to take care of themselves, as regards the atmosphere.

So tonight.

It was agreed the megaphone would be used sporadically, at certain times, and during certain chants. There where occasions when it did get over used. I’ll admit that.There were occasions when it didn’t have any effect. There were occasions when it did have an effect. It was a mixed bag tonight.

TBH, I was expecting some abuse, but the vast majority of people seemed ok with it, and apart from some light hearted banter, the megaphone seemed to go down ok? Maybe I’m wrong?

What feedback we did get, was that people at the back couldn’t really hear the megaphone. But when they did, they tended to join in. The Guardiola chant in the 2nd half being the best example.

Obviously 1894 and the club would like some honest and constructive feedback on the megaphone and the drum, regardless if it’s positive or negative.

Please don’t be abusive.

As I’ve already stated, it was a trial tonight.

Thanks.

Great job on getting the club to accept, the drums and megaphone will definitely improve the atmosphere.

Last edited:
I used a megaphone when I was in block 111 years ago. Only for about 5 games. Even there I didn’t get any abuse or negativity.

People will always be for and against a megaphone.

I think it’s how you use it. Occasionally, at the right times during a game, and with the right chants.

A European Capo would never work in England.

There are too many fans who want to start chants off themselves in England.

And I for one don’t think 1 person on a megaphone has the right to dictate chants to 100’s of fans throughout the match.

I

As I say, there’s no way I’d have the balls to even if I wanted it, so fair play to you.

I just don’t think it’s us.

Now, without sounding a nonce, get those kids in again in SS3, they were buzzing.

The megaphone that was used tonight wasn’t that powerful.

There are much more powerful megaphones on the market.

I don’t mind a megaphone really.

Just please, PLEASE, no drums!

I think we will have failed as a fanbase, shut the door, lock it, never get it back; if we have a drum.

Megaphones and drums.....I am already become more and more disillusioned with modern football, if this picks up my season card is being hung up for good.

Look only one way to solve this,get a recording of one of those wonderful European nights at anfield and play it over the speaker system minus the ynwa at the start of course ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.