Laporte
Mendy
Fernandinho
Kdb
Silva(take your pick which one)
Sterling
Sane
Aguero

Our problems aren’t necessarily the injuries themselves as were only 2/3 players from our best side, its that we’re playing other key players out of position because of said injuries so now it turns to around half a side missing or out of position
Strongly disagree with your selection of Mendy!

Ederson Walker Stones Laporte Zinchenko Foden de Bruyne Gundogan Aguero Sterling Bernardo.

Ederson

Walker
Laporte
Garcia
Zinchenko

Fernandinho
De Bryne
Bernardo

Raheem
Kun
Sane

This is the best midfield in world football:

Bernardo——de Bruyne
———Fernandinho———

They’re all fit, all ready to play, yet never play together.

If we played that midfield we’d get away with having three average full backs out of four, we’d get away with playing García with Stones, and we’d get away with having no Kun up front
I don’t think that midfield masks our problems. It would only create others as both Bernardo and KDB want to play down the right side. Our midfielders suited to play that role left of the DM are Silva and Foden. So it has to be Foden right now.

Only one post without Sane in it. And he couldn't buy a start for lot of last season. Pep screwed it up with Sane heavily. Was way too harsh with him and unfortunately, most probably pushed him to Bayern.

Our best ever football was with Sane on the left and Sterling on the right. Consistent goals and assists from both sides. I like Bernardo, but Sane is much more productive player, Pep should have manage their playing time bit differently last season. I'd be brave enough to even say - if that would mean having Sane for most of his career here, it was worthy to even lose the title last year. We'd win them more in the long run.

Only one post without Sane in it. And he couldn't buy a start for lot of last season. Pep screwed it up with Sane heavily. Was way too harsh with him and unfortunately, most probably pushed him to Bayern.

Our best ever football was with Sane on the left and Sterling on the right. Consistent goals and assists from both sides. I like Bernardo, but Sane is much more productive player, Pep should have manage their playing time bit differently last season. I'd be brave enough to even say - if that would mean having Sane for most of his career here, it was worthy to even lose the title last year. We'd win them more in the long run.

Maybe he had less playing time because of his reluctance to sign a contract/wanting out, rather than wanting out because of a lack of playing time.

Maybe he had less playing time because of his reluctance to sign a contract/wanting out, rather than wanting out because of a lack of playing time.

that's stupid reason to not play top player who still has 2.5-3 years of contract. (3 years left on start of last season)

that's stupid reason to not play top player who still has 2.5-3 years of contract. (3 years left on start of last season)

Depends if his heart is in it or not and if he's buying into what Guardiola wants. It's not as if Sterling and Bernardo had poor seasons out wide last season.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sane and think we are a better team with him in it but he has to want to be a part of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.