City Football Group | Secure $650m loan facility for infrastructure projects (p 54)

That's a good question?

With such an investment in the group, is any of this investment tangibly seen on our books next financial year?

If so, we could be seeing £1bn turnover.

On another note, I wonder of this is also linked into the new arena which is being built on the campus? I noticed Silver Lake also have a stake in UFC? As does Sheikh Mansour...
See my previous post, its not just "our" new arena, its new arenas around the world with Live Nation supplying the entertainment, Irving Azoff is a key figure.

Just had a quick scan of Silver Lake's website. On the face of it, CFG seems an odd fit with their other investments which all appear to be technology and/or IT driven so I am intrigued by the reference in the press release to "develop further CFG technology and infrastructure assets". Maybe the WiFi at the stadium will finally get sorted out!
It's taken around fifteen years to get water flowing to the sinks in the CBL3 bogs, another fifteen should sort it out.

So in ball park figures Sheikh Mansour has invested about 1.2 Billion and now sold 23% of CFG for 800M. Which effectively means he has spent 400M on an asset that is valued at around 3.7 billion. This put a huge hole in every sports washing theory/article that has been put forward.

I don't think it will make much difference in the day to day running of City. But the sale combined with Ceferin attending tonight's game and the Uefa investigation is coming to an end should mean that the volatile media coverage of the last year is lessened.
So Sheikh Mansour bought City for £210m in 2008 and the wider group is now worth about £3.7bn. Being conservative he has increased the value of his initial stake ten fold. Even allowing for all player and infrastructure investment he has more than doubled all the money he has put in. And remember none of this includes the huge profits he is making from his other investments in the Manchester area, possibly a £1bn profit. I wonder how accurately this will be reported in the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.