Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Judging by their portfolio, Silver Lake could prove influential in developing the Collar Site.

I may be wrong but believe their American rivals in sport and entertainment run the Manchester Arena.

If the collar site development works it could be replicated at other CFG locations and a global network established.

it did look quite full.
Eventually, or should I more accurately say "briefly", it took till about 25 minutes for some to find a seat, then 10 minutes later they started to drift away again, not filling up again in the second half for about 15 minutes, about 15 minutes before people started to leave again.

No idea why so many were late in, I was late myself (lost track of time in a bar in town) and missed kick off by about minute, but it wasn't the queues outside as we walked straight in to SS3 (M1) which was very surprising.

I think it was the most "touristic" attendance I've ever seen too, but well done those that did turn up, no matter how long you were there.

Eventually, or should I more accurately say "briefly", it took till about 25 minutes for some to find a seat, then 10 minutes later they started to drift away again, not filling up again in the second half for about 15 minutes, about 15 minutes before people started to leave again.

No idea why so many were late in, I was late myself (lost track of time in a bar in town) and missed kick off by about minute, but it wasn't the queues outside as we walked straight in to SS3 (M1) which was very surprising.

I think it was the most "touristic" attendance I've ever seen too, but well done those that did turn up, no matter how long you were there.

two full rows left in front of me towards 80 plus mins. chance faded and they all got up. was frustrating.

was in the ground from just after 7pm no queues or anything

No not quite but still that's a fantastic crowd for a game where City were almost through. There were next to no away fans, with City fans in the blocks directly above the away fans, hence some empty seats elsewhere in the ground.

And it felt like 30k of those fans were not seasoncard holders. The Champions League crowds show that City have a new audience of fans around them now apart from an intenselly loyal but limited number of fans who saw us through thin and thinner (the free the 30,000).
It’s the same for all Champions League matches. Lots of new faces for every match as compared to PL matches.

The crowd was impressive given that we were playing Shakhtar for the fifth year in succession (well it seems like that) and the Group was virtually done and dusted.

It probably indicates that this is to time to extend the North Stand.

Judging by their portfolio, Silver Lake could prove influential in developing the Collar Site.

I may be wrong but believe their American rivals in sport and entertainment run the Manchester Arena.

If the collar site development works it could be replicated at other CFG locations and a global network established.
Was thinking similar wonder if they are behind the new arena next to the ground?

Interesting just found this
https://www.bisnow.com/manchester/n...part-in-oak-views-big-us-stadium-plans-101849
Now we have an answer, just days after Oak View, the company backed by private-equity giant Silver Lake, revealed its Manchester plans in more detail. Last year, private-equity firm Silver Lake invested more than $100M in Oak View, The Wall Street Journal reported. Today Oak View Group is leading projects in New York, Milan, Seattle, Austin, Texas, and Palm Springs, California, with Manchester slated as its UK debut.

I have been a few times to CL games as a guest of Heineken.... most are there for the free food and drink in their huge marquee.
Many have no interest in football, let alone City. They drift in and out, and some don't go into the stadium at all ...

It probably indicates that this is to time to extend the North Stand.

Don’t think there are any concerts announced for next summer? Could be an indication that there will be building work? Can’t remember whether there were concerts when South stand was done?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.