City Football Group | Secure $650m loan facility for infrastructure projects (p 54)

Not only that, CFG as a group attracted that investment and this investment that money will be spread around the group and we’ll get our share it may not be spent on players but in areas we don’t see. If nothing else it keeps our owners interested and sees their investment grow.
This model still hasn’t caught on with other clubs by the time i does we’ll be more than a decade ahead of the game and difficult to catch. In an interview about the time of the pinch Khaldoon said come back in a few years and we’ll see which side had the best model. Now we are seeing.
No doubt about it, dude. As an aside, when City were first bought, I vividly remember a report that the brains at CFG visited all the leading sports institutions in the world. The exercise was to learn all the state-of-the-art practices that give each sports team the "edge". It was then that I realised our owner was not only serious but also smart and I don't mind saying, I said to a lot of fans City will do things no football club have ever done. It seems there's more to come...

We are not taking any money out is an important line,we never take money out,i's always reinvested,the media never highlight owners taking money out and i think they should,that and why debt free is something only we are,it seems debts are fine,biazare(sp)

Not just them but Everton and Villa were among other clubs they looked at...I know how lucky we were to have the much maligned (but not by City fans - well most anyway) Garry Cook to thank for his immaculate presentation...

I hadn't heard they were looking at Villa but it's not too much of a stretch to imagine them doing so. I heard that they looked at Arsenal, Everton and Newcastle. Arsenal were dismissed as they (rightly IMO) felt that the club had matured about as far as it ever would and the scope for the big growth ADUG were looking for just wasn't there. Everton were dismissed because Kenwright refused to hand over the books for due diligence. Newcastle were dismissed simply because it soon became clear that they were a basket case.

I hadn't heard they were looking at Villa but it's not too much of a stretch to imagine them doing so. I heard that they looked at Arsenal, Everton and Newcastle. Arsenal were dismissed as they (rightly IMO) felt that the club had matured about as far as it ever would and the scope for the big growth ADUG were looking for just wasn't there. Everton were dismissed because Kenwright refused to hand over the books for due diligence. Newcastle were dismissed simply because it soon became clear that they were a basket case.
I seriously doubt that Newcastle were as much of a basket case financially as we were in 2008.

I thought ashley put the price up on discovering sheiky was intrested and over milked the pudding

What's crazy is that I was just saying to a mate of mine 6 weeks ago that I could see us selling more shares to raise a huge transfer war chest for Pep.

I said during the summer that we'd regret not replacing Kompany, & not planning for Silva's succession. Unlike many, I didn't think Foden was ready. He's physically better this season, & I always thought 2020/21 would be his breakthrough season.

We're not messing about! We're looking to secure Sterling, & I can see 4-5 major players coming in to correct all which is going wrong this season, where we've never got going. Pep has announced that he's staying put, & I can't see why he'd leave with the support he's getting from the board.

In truth I've already settled for a top 4 spot this season. Kompany's gone. Silva will be gone, & I expect Otamendi to follow. I reckon Fernandinho & Aguero have another couple of seasons left in them.

We need another world class CB, possibly 2 if we don't have enough faith in the two youngsters next in line. We'll need to be looking to replace Aguero & Fernandinho too. We've taken the sale of shares decision because we cannot spend what we need because of FFP. It is what it is.

We need to complete the other stand too. The funds needed don't count toward FFP, but we need to complete the ground improvements. This share sale values us at near $5bn. These off the pitch figures are nice to know, but don't count for shit unless Manchester City Football Club are successful on the pitch.

To have great financials, but to win fuck all on the pitch turns us into a ManUre MKII... We need to be supreme where it ultimately counts...

That's correct. Arsenal were first, but having 3 billionaires on the board with no need to sell, was too problematic.

Ashley at Newcastle kept changing his mind whether to sell.

Bill Kenwright agreed tot sell to ADUG, but doubled his price at the last minute when he realised how rich our owner was.

We're lucky we have a man of principle at the top. Oh, & not to forget Garry Cooke & his famous Powerpoint Presentation... :-)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.