City Football Group | Secure $650m loan facility for infrastructure projects (p 54)

Yeah baby. Salty teared mutherfuckers coming in.
tenor.gif

The whole basis of that article is false in that it whines that Newcastle can’t attract a decent backer because they don’t play Champions League football and win trophies and that’s what’s required to attract millionaire owners like City’s.

As Steve Martin once said, ‘oh really’.

We are so blessed to have HRH Sheik Mansour as our owner and Khaldoon as a Chairman. Not only do they have wealth, they have a vision for the club that we could not have dreamed about ten years ago. Where the hell will we be in another ten years?
The article is generally accurate in their description of the rich get richer.
The massive irony they missed in article was that they weren’t complaining about money when they were ‘successful’ in 94-97 and 02-04 - when everyone else were already complaining about the imbalance between the top 4-7 and the rest.
Ditto Blackburn in 93-98.

the time for handwringing and action was then, with the rise of the PL and Gill.

After 25 years, with Chelsea bursting through and then us, both due to outside investment, we should both,( in hindsight for me regarding Chelsea), be applauded for breaking into the top4 monopoly.

Again, they, like many , attack the wrong people, they should attack the PL, Gill, FFP (not fit for supposed purpose).
The old top4, don’t care for anyone but themselves and never have done, all other clubs supporters should be attacking those 4, not City and Chelsea

So let me get this straight, Ikkle Ciddy that I grew up supporting through thin and thinner for the most part and in the process having to take years n years of shit off the plastic rags for winning next to zilch are now basically the loose change down the back of our owners sofa away from being the biggest sporting club in the whole wide world..?

We're back to back Champs, won 7 of the last 8 domestic trophies available and have the best manager in the world in charge..

I've got that right haven't I.. ?

Oh my fuckin' lord!!! Haha..!

This deal doesn't surprise me and it won't be the last. I have had a good few hours scrolling through twitter and the sheer amount of people who fail to grasp that little old city would be attractive in the world of entertainment/business/football is incredible. No wonder the country is on its arse.

I don't think people realise the level we operate these days, Khaldoon is not just some fella the Sheikh has plucked out of one of his offices. Just incase anyone is in any doubt, give this a watch

That's correct. Arsenal were first, but having 3 billionaires on the board with no need to sell, was too problematic.

Ashley at Newcastle kept changing his mind whether to sell.

Bill Kenwright agreed at sale to ADUG, but doubled his price at the last minute when he realised how rich our owner was.

We're lucky we have a man of principle at the top. Oh, & not to forget Garry Cooke & his famous Powerpoint Presentation... :-)
I seem to recall that Ashley was dicking about because he wanted to keep a stake in the club whereas the Sheikh didn't want to share.

This deal doesn't surprise me and it won't be the last. I have had a good few hours scrolling through twitter and the sheer amount of people who fail to grasp that little old city would be attractive in the world of entertainment/business/football is incredible. No wonder the country is on its arse.

You have to remember that they've been pummeled with anti-city bollocks for 12 years and now just reply instinctively.

Most people dont even engage their critical thinking when things like this come up, it's just City+Financial story = Bollocks/Fiddling the numbers/sugar daddy.

I've seen people saying this is a money laundering today - which is simply a buzzword to do with Abramovich taking over Chelsea in 2003, but it all gets slumped in together, same with qatar stuff, and then gets churned out together in a anti new money word salad.

Interesting just found this
https://www.bisnow.com/manchester/n...part-in-oak-views-big-us-stadium-plans-101849
Now we have an answer, just days after Oak View, the company backed by private-equity giant Silver Lake, revealed its Manchester plans in more detail. Last year, private-equity firm Silver Lake invested more than $100M in Oak View, The Wall Street Journal reported. Today Oak View Group is leading projects in New York, Milan, Seattle, Austin, Texas, and Palm Springs, California, with Manchester slated as its UK debut.

That explains the one unanswered question I had about the arena deal, namely, why we were going to let an American company take all the money from the arena when ADUG have plenty of money to build it themselves.

Now that we know that is essentially money from another one of our owners it makes sense.

Just examples of the level we should aim for rather than those two specifically. If we continue to baulk at spending over £70m then having so much investment and financial clout is rendered pretty irrelevant. We have to use our advantage to keep ahead, and not allow Liverpool or Utd to buy the best players when they become available if we want them.
We have got where we have by not spending 100m on one player and we have a pay structure,it's rather missing the point if we smash that to bits

You dont get the Numbers Kane gets without him being one of the best strikers out there! Id have him tomorrow but now with Mourinho there cant see him going anywhere till the Mourinho meldown.
He would have to learn all the same extra stuff that sergio has,he is not got it in him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.