City Football Group | Secure $650m loan facility for infrastructure projects (p 54)

Do you play the jungle drums, Keith?
I feel the same kind of high today as I did on 1 September 2008, need a large ketamine and brandy to come down. The big deal is not the money or the valuation, its the strategic partnerships and what we will do together over the next 10 yrs, the next phase, it's bloody brilliant.

I feel the same kind of high today as I did on 1 September 2008, need a large ketamine and brandy to come down. The big deal is not the money or the valuation, its the strategic partnerships and what we will do together over the next 10 yrs, the next phase, it's bloody brilliant.

I hope you're on the level as your comments have gotten me moist ;)

The article is generally accurate in their description of the rich get richer.
The massive irony they missed in article was that they weren’t complaining about money when they were ‘successful’ in 94-97 and 02-04 - when everyone else were already complaining about the imbalance between the top 4-7 and the rest.
Ditto Blackburn in 93-98.

the time for handwringing and action was then, with the rise of the PL and Gill.

After 25 years, with Chelsea bursting through and then us, both due to outside investment, we should both,( in hindsight for me regarding Chelsea), be applauded for breaking into the top4 monopoly.

Again, they, like many , attack the wrong people, they should attack the PL, Gill, FFP (not fit for supposed purpose).
The old top4, don’t care for anyone but themselves and never have done, all other clubs supporters should be attacking those 4, not City and Chelsea

Spot on. The author of the article also ought to look a lot closer to home as to why Newcastle haven’t been bought yet - I suspect it’s because Ashley is a right twat to do business with. Overcome that hurdle and I reckon someone with serious ambition could do something similar with Newcastle to what’s happened with us. The top 4 is nowhere near near set in as much stone as it used to be so there’s an opportunity to gatecrash it. Newcastle are a big club in terms of support, have a sizeable stadium, and anyone buying the club would have a decent base to start from.

You have to remember that they've been pummeled with anti-city bollocks for 12 years and now just reply instinctively.

Most people dont even engage their critical thinking when things like this come up, it's just City+Financial story = Bollocks/Fiddling the numbers/sugar daddy.

I've seen people saying this is a money laundering today - which is simply a buzzword to do with Abramovich taking over Chelsea in 2003, but it all gets slumped in together, same with qatar stuff, and then gets churned out together in a anti new money word salad.
I agree. Its mental.

Imagine thinking the only possible explanation for this is a company that manages 43bn is siphoning money for ADUG.

You dont get the Numbers Kane gets without him being one of the best strikers out there! Id have him tomorrow but now with Mourinho there cant see him going anywhere till the Mourinho meldown.

Agreed @karen7 - I always think of Kane as the archetypal flat track bully

I don't think people realise the level we operate these days, Khaldoon is not just some fella the Sheikh has plucked out of one of his offices. Just incase anyone is in any doubt, give this a watch

One of the more important YT clips ever posted on this Forum.

It should help everyone understand who we are, what we are a part of, and how we fit into the world.

In addition, it should help people to see Khaldoon in a slightly different light than just his Season Summary videos. This is an accomplished, serious man, who has far more strings to his bow than just the overseer of MCFC/CFG. However, he will clearly go to the mat to protect and nurture it, as we have seen, and is not going to let petty partisan politicians (UEFA, PL, MCC) get in the way of what is now a $5Bn investment vehicle that both Chinese and American equity investors want protected and nurtured, too.

Thank you for posting the link.

The whole basis of that article is false in that it whines that Newcastle can’t attract a decent backer because they don’t play Champions League football and win trophies and that’s what’s required to attract millionaire owners like City’s.

As Steve Martin once said, ‘oh really’.

We are so blessed to have HRH Sheik Mansour as our owner and Khaldoon as a Chairman. Not only do they have wealth, they have a vision for the club that we could not have dreamed about ten years ago. Where the hell will we be in another ten years?
We'll be lauding it over football world wide. Having endured years of shite, I am a little miffed that, at my age, and with a life limiting condition, I won't be around to see it. But, I'll be up there at god's left hand (King Colin is on the right) cheering liddle Siddy on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.