City Football Group | Secure $650m loan facility for infrastructure projects (p 54)

One of the more important YT clips ever posted on this Forum.

It should help everyone understand who we are, what we are a part of, and how we fit into the world.

In addition, it should help people to see Khaldoon in a slightly different light than just his Season Summary videos. This is an accomplished, serious man, who has far more strings to his bow than just the overseer of MCFC/CFG. However, he will clearly go to the mat to protect and nurture it, as we have seen, and is not going to let petty partisan politicians (UEFA, PL, MCC) get in the way of what is now a $5Bn investment vehicle that both Chinese and American equity investors want protected and nurtured, too.

Thank you for posting the link.

well they are so far this season, and in every media bulletin, so it's a nice vision but not backed by reality as yet.

One of the more important YT clips ever posted on this Forum.

It should help everyone understand who we are, what we are a part of, and how we fit into the world.

In addition, it should help people to see Khaldoon in a slightly different light than just his Season Summary videos. This is an accomplished, serious man, who has far more strings to his bow than just the overseer of MCFC/CFG. However, he will clearly go to the mat to protect and nurture it, as we have seen, and is not going to let petty partisan politicians (UEFA, PL, MCC) get in the way of what is now a $5Bn investment vehicle that both Chinese and American equity investors want protected and nurtured, too.

Thank you for posting the link.
No problem at all. I completely agree.

I have posted it a few times just so more people see it and really understand the sheer power and influence we have at our disposal. No other club has taken on Fifa, UEFA, FA or anyone else like us before (I am sure some will argue we haven't done enough!) and we will come out on top. Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon and the rest of ADUG simply do not lose.

Remember the bollocks about us being a play thing....

That explains the one unanswered question I had about the arena deal, namely, why we were going to let an American company take all the money from the arena when ADUG have plenty of money to build it themselves.

Now that we know that is essentially money from another one of our owners it makes sense.

It is not “just” that!

In “allowing” Silver Lake/Oak Tree to have this opportunity, they have made them pay for a portion of those future revenue opportunities upfront by paying “generously” for their 10% stake in CFG. Indeed, when the NYCFC stadium is finally built, one wonders whether it will be made as a dual use arena, to compete with the likes of MSG and the new Barclays Center.

Allowing in Silver Lake, who should make multiples of their investment (and who are already playing with house money with stock markets at record highs), in at the 10%/$500M level, they have leveraged Silver Lakes future earnings and turned them into an eye-watering CFG valuation overnight, and done it in such a way as to make EVERYONE sit up and take notice.

Today, CFG is owned by massive, mature, serious investment groups in America, China and the Middle East, with a portfolio of teams that will encompass England, North America, South America, Australia, Japan, China and India. This is NOT a Middle East “FAMILY” VANITY PROJECT, nor is it a vehicle to spin off cash flows to pay down debts elsewhere or load up with debts created elsewhere and feed those with shirt revenues.

This is a REAL, GLOBAL, SPORTS/ENTERTAINMENT/REAL ESTATE BUSINESS that is designed to take investment monies and create significant amounts of long term returns on those investments.

Going forward, and over the longer term, one of the important things will be whether these current investment behemoths see the long term value of maintaining and reinvesting those returns, or siphoning them off for other ventures. What we need to ensure is that any additional dilution of the ADUG stake isn’t so severe as to lose sight of the MAN CITY aspect of this growing global enterprise.

I don’t believe that should be a concern for a good long while, but the investment world is a fickle mistress. That will require continued investment in the product to create the success from which all else flows (sponsorships, etc...).

while I think Sheikh Mansour has proven that is not going to be an issue, I think we need to be cognizant of the fact that even with record revenues, we only made a small profit (about $10M on $550M of revenues) and do when Pep says “we can’t afford him!” we should be mindful of the fact that he means it! The current squad is eating up almost 60% of those revenues, and it was player SALES that created the slim profit.

This is relatively normal in a growing business, especially one that is rapidly expanding and needing internal growth expenditures, but we should understand that in a season where we won ALL FOUR DOMESTIC TROPHIES, we had to take in record TV revenues and sell players to balance the books for FFP! Makes you realize just how precarious the situation must be at some clubs!!

Onwards and upwards!

The future is BLUE!

The article is generally accurate in their description of the rich get richer.
The massive irony they missed in article was that they weren’t complaining about money when they were ‘successful’ in 94-97 and 02-04 - when everyone else were already complaining about the imbalance between the top 4-7 and the rest.
Ditto Blackburn in 93-98.

the time for handwringing and action was then, with the rise of the PL and Gill.

After 25 years, with Chelsea bursting through and then us, both due to outside investment, we should both,( in hindsight for me regarding Chelsea), be applauded for breaking into the top4 monopoly.

Again, they, like many , attack the wrong people, they should attack the PL, Gill, FFP (not fit for supposed purpose).
The old top4, don’t care for anyone but themselves and never have done, all other clubs supporters should be attacking those 4, not City and Chelsea
The point I was making is that HRH invested in us at a time that we were nowhere near CL football or winning things. He saw opportunity, he saw a massively loyal fanbase, he saw a great stadium with lots of opportunity surrounding it, he saw our history. And he had a vision of how a football club could be......

Salty tears cry you need to be playing CL football to attract the money. Rubbish. You need the potential and someone who is a visionary.

The point I was making is that HRH invested in us at a time that we were nowhere near CL football or winning things. He saw opportunity, he saw a massively loyal fanbase, he saw a great stadium with lots of opportunity surrounding it, he saw our history. And he had a vision of how a football club could be......

Salty tears cry you need to be playing CL football to attract the money. Rubbish. You need the potential and someone who is a visionary.
Yep

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.