Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presumed the plan was for him to tuck right inside beside the CB so we could leave loads of fucking space down the side for them to attack us.
Then I realised that would be daft as nobody would set a team up like that so went with him doing it off his own back, which didn’t make much sense either.
Been a bit hit and miss so far but there’s a player in there no doubt about it.

I presumed the plan was for him to tuck right inside beside the CB so we could leave loads of fucking space down the side for them to attack us.
Then I realised that would be daft as nobody would set a team up like that so went with him doing it off his own back, which didn’t make much sense either.
Been a bit hit and miss so far but there’s a player in there no doubt about it.
That was what I was thinking last night, still not a clue today lol.

Delph did it, Zinchenko does it and Angelino does it. Both fullbacks did it against Liverpool. I'm pretty sure it's a conscious tactical decision.
Yeah I know, I guess a lot of it depends on the midfield/wingers getting back to support but once that stops happening we end up looking very lopsided and easy to play against.

I gave up expecting him to win the battle against his full back after watching the third ball in about ten minutes sail over his fucking head again with him stood square on.
The odd thing (and I agree) is that he's actually quite good with his head, as he showed last night (when he wasn't bypassed).

ALL of our full backs (or converted full backs) get done the same way, ball over their head, and yet Pep persists in telling them all to be further forward, speculation for me is that he wants them pressing the opposition FB or WB further forward, preventing them getting forward at all, and preventing a ball over the top like that (nobody to hoof it too).

Angelino and Cancelo were obviously under instructions to move inside when play was on the opposite flank. This allowed the opposition to find their winger every time without being challenged. No doubt you are all as mystified as me but whatever the plan was it didn't work. The full backs are therefore the scapegoats.

How about giving players like Angelino and Cancelo time to bed into the team? Both of them have started very few games for us so far

More concerning for me is the regular and more experienced players not playing very well

How about giving players like Angelino and Cancelo time to bed into the team? Both of them have started very few games for us so far

More concerning for me is the regular and more experienced players not playing very well
Agree. Its always the same though on here, newbies have to land running these days to some fans

Not sure why anyone is surprised we've played that way with our fullbacks for 3 years. It's obviously been picked up and targeted, same as our attacking in the spaces in the box, has been picked up and set up for.. We will need to adjust but it's not easy to just change the way we've played for 3 years but it will be worked out and we'll kick on again.

Angelino and Cancelo were obviously under instructions to move inside when play was on the opposite flank. This allowed the opposition to find their winger every time without being challenged. No doubt you are all as mystified as me but whatever the plan was it didn't work. The full backs are therefore the scapegoats.

Everyone in the match thread was freaking out about them hitting these long balls out to the wing, over the top of Angelino, but only 1 chance came from that tactic (not angelino's fault) so Shakhtar actually stopped doing it after 30 mins because it wasn't working.

It looks scary, but every time it happened, Angelino just faced the guy up when he caught him, and then the guy passed backwards inside or got tackled. The only time a chance came from that ball was when the centrebacks didn't track supporting runners.

With the goal, he is a bit too tight to the CB, but ultimately it's 2v1, he stops "his" man, and gets beaten by another player on the overlap. The real problem again is that the ball was allowed to roll all the way through our box with none of the 4 other defenders getting near it.

If Pep was worried about the ball over the top, he'd have dropped our line immediately, but he just kept it high, knowing that most of the time it was just giving the ball back to Ederson, and the other times it's manageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.