The internet in the stadium

Until the past couple of games my phone automatically picked up the O2 signal at the Ethiad as I'd registered a good while ago. However, at the Chelsea game and last night it didn't do it and when I searched for the wifi signal it wasn't listed as an option. Also my 4G wasn't able to work in the ground. Now I agree I that I went to watch the match, but having gone straight from work I had sometime to kill. Therefore access to the wifi would have been useful. Just wondering whether any match goers have got a similar problem with the wifi or if you have managed to solve it?

Exactly the same here.

I had a better reception on the phone on Tuesday, don't know why, didn't do anything remotely different. I bet the techno bastards have been reading this thread and done summat about it. They can now devote some time to the new interface on the telly at The Academy. Fucking white numbers to show the time elapsed on a white background. Who thought of that? And then we had one of those circles chasing it's own arse when there was a sub - but none of the subs when into rotational mode on the way off - they just walked off roughly in a straight line.

From a technical point of view providing a radio signal in a sports stadium is very difficult be it a 4g or wif-fi

There are two issues The vast quantity of steel works and the shape of the building means that you are effectively in a shield (faraday cage) this makes it difficult to get the signal from outside in and any signal managing to penetrate will be effectively absorbed by the steelwork.
The other issue is the number of people and their devices trying to connect
With wifi, again, the steelwork absorbs the signal and the number of devices make it very difficult

The problem is common across all sports stadiums not just the Etihad There is hope that 5G which operates at a millimeter waves will improve things, one thing is that it requires more stations and so is localised

Another drive for 5G in sports stadiums or large events is the way it can be earn revenue for the operators who could offer AR apps

From a technical point of view providing a radio signal in a sports stadium is very difficult be it a 4g or wif-fi

There are two issues The vast quantity of steel works and the shape of the building means that you are effectively in a shield (faraday cage) this makes it difficult to get the signal from outside in and any signal managing to penetrate will be effectively absorbed by the steelwork.
With wifi, again, the steelwork absorbs the signal and the number of devices make it very difficult

The problem is common across all sports stadiums not just the Etihad There is hope that 5G which operates at a millimeter waves will improve things, one thing is that it requires more stations and so is localised

Another drive for 5G in sports stadiums or large events is the way it can be earn revenue for the operators who could offer AR apps

Wembley has perfect reception at all times.
How do they manage it ?

Wembley has perfect reception at all times.
How do they manage it ?
I’ve always found Wembley to be on a par with the Etihad However they are backed by a phone company who could, with the right infrastructure, create a better than average local area network with more repeaters

Thought they were trying to crack down on these pirate football streaming sites.
What they will offer with AR is the possibility to use your device as a viewer eg you hold it towards the picture and information appears on the screen about players and the club would use feature recognition to overlay the information See replays from different angles of goal or incidents probably, if it still around, the VAR decisions in real time

What they will offer with AR is the possibility to use your device as a viewer eg you hold it towards the picture and information appears on the screen about players and the club would use feature recognition to overlay the information See replays from different angles of goal or incidents probably, if it still around, the VAR decisions in real time
Whooooosh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.