Team of the decade

First and second choices for each position. A few were in their prime last decade but still did enough to be included imo. Defenders were the hardest to think of,There’s been a distinct lack of top class defenders in this league over the last decade.

De Gea/Hart
Zabba/Ivanovic
Kompany/Phil Jones
Vidic/Terry
Cole/evra
Kante/fernandinho
Silva/kdb
Yaya/fabregas
Hazard/Sanchez
Aguero/kane
Rvp/bale
You'll catch a few with that.

De Gea
Jones
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Carrick
Scholes
Welbeck
Kagawa
Hernandez
Van Persie

Are we really worthy of six? We’ve been the best ‘team’ this decade, no danger, but we haven’t dominated it.

Edit: united deserve more than one. They were a brilliant side in the first few years of this decade. Vidic, Rooney and Evra were all fantastic players during the currency of this decade.

You haven’t got any players in there who were at their peak when the decade started.

I fear you might have overlooked some great players from a while back.

I saw Rose and simply felt unable to continue reading G.

---Hazard--------Aguero--------Suarez
------------Silva-----------De Bruyne
-----------------Fernandinho

Bale-----Kompany--Van Dijk-----Walker

-------------------Ederson

Couldn't get Yaya in with my formation.

I've picked players who have consistently done it for an extended period rather than ones that were incredible for a season or two and then fucked off to Spain (i.e. Suarez/Bale)

De Gea

Zabaleta------Kompany------Terry------Rose

Kante
Silva------Toure------Hazard

Kane------Aguero​

I'll be honest, I had real trouble picking the full backs. There are quite a few good ones on the right (Ivanovic, Zaba, Azpilicueta) and a real dirge on the left. You've got Baines, Rose and Alonso who are all decent but not particularly inspiring. Ashley Cole is obviously the best, but he was basically already winding down his career at the start of the decade and didn't even get into the team in his last season at Chelsea. Meanwhile Andrew Robertson looks very good, but that'd be largely based on a couple of good seasons. In the end, I'd say Rose has performed most consistently for the longest period.

Then I thought I'd do one just of the best players purely based on their peak season.

Hart

Ivanovic-----Kompany------Ferdinand------Cole

De Bruyne------Kante------Toure

Salah------Suarez------Bale

Last edited:
De Gea
Zabaleta
Kompany
Alderweireld
Ivanovic

Kante
Yaya
Silva

Hazard
Aguero
Kane

I’ve tried to pick players who have played at least 5 seasons or so out of the decade at a high level. Sterling comes very close. The Liverpool players who come to mind probably haven’t done it for long enough over the course of the decade, Mane, Salah, Van Dijk etc.

Van Persie was brilliant but only until 2014 really. Vardy deserves a mention too.

Not really sure on a centre half to play with Vinnie, I’m probably missing an obvious one!

Change your formation then. There has not been a single midfielder as good as Yaya in England over the last decade.

---Hazard--------Aguero--------Suarez
------------Silva-----------De Bruyne
-----------------Fernandinho

Bale-----Kompany--Van Dijk-----Walker

-------------------Ederson

Couldn't get Yaya in with my formation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.