FA Cup 3rd round draw Monday 7pm

Well remembered, I could have sworn that the Coventry game was 3rd round. I remember being very disappointed at the time ,I was hoping that we had a good enough club/team to be frequent visitors to Wembley again(we were there in 69/70/74/76).
Little did I know that it would be 30 years before our next visit.That is why I always savour and enjoy every visit to Wembley,even on the odd occasion we get beat.
As regards the Cardiff City 3-1 game,I had completely forgotten about it. However it was almost 40 years ago,and alot those games in the late 70s/early 80s all seem to blur into one in my distant memory.

Sometimes I remember the old games like that Cardiff one more clearly than much more recent ones. Isn't that supposed to be a sign of dementia? Hope not - I'm only fifty!

When we played in the third round of the Cup that year, we were top of the league. I knew we weren't good enough to be champions - we'd played more games than others around us because we had undersoil heating and most of them didn't, so suffered more postponements - but I thought we could definitely win the FA Cup. And, as others on here mentioned, the fact that we'd done so twice in our history the year after losing in the final seemed like an omen. I was absolutely gutted when Coventry beat us. Of course, much greater disappointments were to follow, but I was young in January 1982 and didn't know that then! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.