Pep's contract situation

I think we can stop the competition to see who can post the most ridiculous idea on here (for the record the winner had to be the clarkie about sacking pep so we can get poch).

It’s now being reported that Pep is open to an extension.
I’m not religious but let us pray.

Haha as potentially the biggest news for ages breaks and Twatter goes crazy only BM can still be mumbling about Poch :-)

My thoughts for what they're worth are Pep has been given the time and space to assemble his own team and install his own philosophy on the playing style and stamp his own personality on the club..

The younger players in the squad and I include Kev, Bernardo, Zinchenko, Raheem, Jesus, Rodri, Eric, Benny, Rihad and Eddie have all recently signed or are currently on long term contracts with the club..

You would like to think before putting pen to paper one of the first questions that would be asked is 'how long is Pep staying on as Manager'?

This, along with new investments, our Chairman speaking in glowing terms about Pep's overall position within the club, not just as the Manager but including his standing within the City family and with Pep now hinting at extending his stay with us beyond the end of next year, for me this is very positive news for all concerned..!

I hope Pep decides to stay with us for the longer term as I cannot think of anyone better placed in world football to take us forward whether we win stuff or not in the next few years as the guy gets his teams playing football the way it's meant to be played and it is a joy to watch ..!

My thoughts for what they're worth are Pep has been given the time and space to assemble his own team and install his own philosophy on the playing style and stamp his own personality on the club..

The younger players in the squad and I include Kev, Bernardo, Zinchenko, Raheem, Jesus, Rodri, Eric, Benny, Rihad and Eddie have all recently signed or are currently on long term contracts with the club..

You would like to think before putting pen to paper one of the first questions that would be asked is 'how long is Pep staying on as Manager'?

This, along with new investments, our Chairman speaking in glowing terms about Pep's overall position within the club, not just as the Manager but including his standing within the City family and with Pep now hinting at extending his stay with us beyond the end of next year, for me this is very positive news for all concerned..!

I hope Pep decides to stay with us for the longer term as I cannot think of anyone better placed in world football to take us forward whether we win stuff or not in the next few years as the guy gets his teams playing football the way it's meant to be played and it is a joy to watch ..!

Good point Bill!

However it isn't only the existing players wanting to know, any potential signings would be asking the same question. The chance to work with and play in a team coached by Pep is a mighty big draw

Lots of wishful thinking on here! Hard to see Pep staying beyond his current, already extended, contract.

The only way I can see it is IF (and its a big one) he wants to REBUILD THIS TEAM following the loss of Yaya, Vinny, David, Fernandinho and Sergio...the literal backbone of the team of the decade!

He would be the ideal candidate to rebuild the squad, blood the youngsters, and complement them with a few world class buys (central defender(s), a couple of midfielders, and a big, mobile center forward).

The only question then is whether such a move means Arteta is off and we are left searching for a replacement from the outside? Vieira, Kompany and Arteta would all seem like natural fits AT City. The question really, though, is whether any of the 3 is a natural fit FOR City???

If Arteta goes this close season, I wouldn’t be surprised to see NES at the top of any shortlist for 21/22!

Lots of wishful thinking on here! Hard to see Pep staying beyond his current, already extended, contract.

The only way I can see it is IF (and its a big one) he wants to REBUILD THIS TEAM following the loss of Yaya, Vinny, David, Fernandinho and Sergio...the literal backbone of the team of the decade!

He would be the ideal candidate to rebuild the squad, blood the youngsters, and complement them with a few world class buys (central defender(s), a couple of midfielders, and a big, mobile center forward).

The only question then is whether such a move means Arteta is off and we are left searching for a replacement from the outside? Vieira, Kompany and Arteta would all seem like natural fits AT City. The question really, though, is whether any of the 3 is a natural fit FOR City???

If Arteta goes this close season, I wouldn’t be surprised to see NES at the top of any shortlist for 21/22!
Domènec Torrent will be back alongside Pep shortly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.