Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what we are seeing this season is the consequences of two seasons where we have been simply magnificent and the players giving everything for the cause. This season we are seeing far more injuries than normal and underperformance against the standards set previously. Seeing one player underperform is one thing but seeing multiple is indicative of something deeper. I think they are mentally tired. If you add to that the impact of all the injuries and all the dodgy decisions it’s hardly surprising that a lot of them look a little flat. Pep needs to get back in their heads and have a clean out.

I think what we are seeing this season is the consequences of two seasons where we have been simply magnificent and the players giving everything for the cause. This season we are seeing far more injuries than normal and underperformance against the standards set previously. Seeing one player underperform is one thing but seeing multiple is indicative of something deeper. I think they are mentally tired. If you add to that the impact of all the injuries and all the dodgy decisions it’s hardly surprising that a lot of them look a little flat. Pep needs to get back in their heads and have a clean out.
I don't thinks it's entirely down to underperforming. I've noticed in games this season particularly Southampton and last night, but others too since Watford.those channels Sterling, Sane and Bernardo used to run into wide of the 6 yard area are being closed off. We need a way round it and wide crossing won't work. Sure Pep will come up with somethin soon. It isn't easy though as teams are refusing to get pulled out of position now.

He bought the defence himself! If Silva and Aguero is slowing then he should have bought top striker to replace Jesus and give Foden more game time.
3 of the defenders are new,been here 3 months,vinny has gone and dinho is filling in for our first class defender,not sifficult is it really

I don't thinks it's entirely down to underperforming. I've noticed in games this season particularly Southampton and last night, but others too since Watford.those channels Sterling, Sane and Bernardo used to run into wide of the 6 yard area are being closed off. We need a way round it and wide crossing won't work. Sure Pep will come up with somethin soon. It isn't easy though as teams are refusing to get pulled out of position now.

Yeah teams are working on our patterns of play. They know to track Kev when he goes to the byline to stop his cross. They try to double up on Bernardo as well. Pep should try switching things up an putting Kev on the left of midfield and whip in crosses to Sterling who should be on the right kind of like the opposite version of what Ziyech does with Promes at Ajax. Our back 4 plus Rodri is almost a different defence as well. We need to work on stopping transitional counter attacks, but I think we have been poor in transition going forward ourselves. There are so many times I get frustrated when we counter and it doesn't come to anything. Not even a shot. That's where I really miss Sane.

Pep Guardiola: "Before I came here, I knew how tough this league would be, and it is. But the players are incredible people and it is a joy to see how well they react if they don’t win or don’t play good." [via @ManCity]

"They want to improve. When you see that it’s a dream come true. As a manager, that is what you want the most and we have to continue that. As I said, I am so comfortable working for this club." [via @ManCity]

Pep Guardiola on Mikel Arteta: “With my players, staff, they’re free to do what they want. With Mikel, it’s about being a friend, I want the best for him. I want us to stay together this season and next but I don’t know what’s best for him."

On course to go out with a whimper at the moment.

Our performances seem to be going in one direction and we've actually become boring to watch. We've stopped pressing, half the players are out of form, his selections are getting predictable and turning out predictably bad.

I don't know what's going on with Pep but he needs to start doing something to change things, because it's only a matter of time before we drop more points and go out of cups if we carry on this path.

We've had some annoying injuries, but the issue is much deeper than that.

Posts like this age like a kebab left behind the back of an old radiator for a month.

Our main issue is ultimately the injuries in defence combined with the retirement of Kompany and our failure to bring in a replacement.

We would without question have more points if we didn’t have injuries we currently have. Laporte isn’t just our best defender, he makes the other defenders play better around him and can also start attacks from the back with his brilliant forward passing.

When you look at our defeats to Norwich and Wolves and the goals conceded, it’s hard to believe we’d have lost those games if Laporte was playing.

It’s also probably worth pointing out that Bluemoon posts and threads from December 2018 are absolutely full of posts like yours. Doubting and questioning the team and manager the moment things don’t look all rosey after a dip in form. We ended up winning the domestic treble which no team had ever done before and finished with the 2nd highest top flight points total in history.

Performance wise to win back to back titles competing against one of the other best English club sides ever (along side us as I’m sure you’ll agree) is incredibly tough to do from a mentality perspective. Going up against one of the best English sides ever to win 3 in a row is about as tough as it gets.

Liverpool’s record is also as good as it gets at this stage of a season and to be this many points behind that kind of run with the injuries we’ve had and the bit of luck they’ve had isn’t really as bad as you make it sound.

We might not win the league but I reckon if we don’t that we’ll absolutely smash it next season while Liverpool are living out an after Lord Mayors show season and we’ll probably do it with another incredible points total. At the same time of course Liverpool fans on RAWK will be questioning Klopp with some even hinting he should be replaced. It’s just the way football fans are.

I wish there was an applause button, ManCity X.

Thanks.

As my Utd fan mate reminds me, a group of their fans used to question Ferguson every single season they didn’t win the league.

I remember driving home from a night game in the 90’s and a guy on the radio even saying he should leave because Arsenal had beat them to the title.

You can’t win the league every single season but you can win it more than everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.