Pep's contract situation

The way Pep said it was perfect, essentially if the players want him to stay then they have to show it in their performances, attitude in training and even contract extensions themselves.

But to hear Pep would stay is brilliant news. Personally also feel that he views it as unfinished business here - the champion's league in particular, but also overcoming the challenge of inconsistent officiating and nullifying any influence they may have on our game and progress.

Plus, what we have done in the past two seasons was special, takes the very best in talent, attitude and application to do what we have done. They fought for Pep until the end, and when a group will do that for you it's a special thing.

Last edited:
You can suck a dick and make 10 quid out of nothing. Doesn't mean that you're a better businessman than the guy who turned 500 mil into 2 billion. It's a problem of scale. Just Poch did well with limited resources doesn't mean that he will do better than Pep given the same resources. The number of times I've heard "imagine what he would do with more resources" bollocks is fucking insane. Even my nan would win the title Bayern. What happened to Ancelotti then? People keep bigging up these frauds, yet fail to realize the genius of Pep. I'll trust my eyes over stats and hype. And my eyes tell me that Poch is a manager who hasn't learned how to use subs in 6 years, gets out-tacticed on a weekly basis by even mid-table managers and has trouble building a winning mentality while competing for 4 trophies in a season. If he knew that winning the league was such an impossible task, why didn't he do his best to win the FA cup or the league cup? It's not so much but if the only trophy the club has won in a decade is the Audi cup, then I can tell you from experience that the fans and the players will cherish any trophy, no matter how big or small. Remember what happened after our FA cup win?

Fine, I'll spare him the blushes and ignore trophies or titles. Let's look at performances then. I've not seen a single revolutionary tactic or change that he has brought to the game in 6 years. What legacy is leaving behind beyond feels and goodwill? Which young manager right now looks at Poch and says "I want to learn from him, I want to be his assistant manager because his training methods are revolutionary or I want to know the secret to how he manages these world class players". No one. He has nothing to give to the footballing world other than results. There are managers who are more than results. Pep, Bielsa, Klopp or among those. So even if they don't win anything, at least you can look at the football and say "yes now that's a new of playing football". The only thing Poch can give is results, same as Mou. So when we don't get results, it's the same as fuck all. I'm sure clubs all over Europe will be falling over themselves to hire him because he gets results, but let's not delude ourselves that he's anywhere close to Pep. No matter how much he wins, he will leave no lasting legacy behind. No one will singing his name 100 years from now. He's not Pep, he's not Sacchi, he's not Bielsa, he's not Cruyff, he's not even Ten Hag.

You can suck a dick and make 10 quid out of nothing. Doesn't mean that you're a better businessman than the guy who turned 500 mil into 2 billion. It's a problem of scale. Just Poch did well with limited resources doesn't mean that he will do better than Pep given the same resources. The number of times I've heard "imagine what he would do with more resources" bollocks is fucking insane. Even my nan would win the title Bayern. What happened to Ancelotti then? People keep bigging up these frauds, yet fail to realize the genius of Pep. I'll trust my eyes over stats and hype. And my eyes tell me that Poch is a manager who hasn't learned how to use subs in 6 years, gets out-tacticed on a weekly basis by even mid-table managers and has trouble building a winning mentality while competing for 4 trophies in a season. If he knew that winning the league was such an impossible task, why didn't he do his best to win the FA cup or the league cup? It's not so much but if the only trophy the club has won in a decade is the Audi cup, then I can tell you from experience that the fans and the players will cherish any trophy, no matter how big or small. Remember what happened after our FA cup win?

Fine, I'll spare him the blushes and ignore trophies or titles. Let's look at performances then. I've not seen a single revolutionary tactic or change that he has brought to the game in 6 years. What legacy is leaving behind beyond feels and goodwill? Which young manager right now looks at Poch and says "I want to learn from him, I want to be his assistant manager because his training methods are revolutionary or I want to know the secret to how he manages these world class players". No one. He has nothing to give to the footballing world other than results. There are managers who are more than results. Pep, Bielsa, Klopp or among those. So even if they don't win anything, at least you can look at the football and say "yes now that's a new of playing football". The only thing Poch can give is results, same as Mou. So when we don't get results, it's the same as fuck all. I'm sure clubs all over Europe will be falling over themselves to hire him because he gets results, but let's not delude ourselves that he's anywhere close to Pep. No matter how much he wins, he will leave no lasting legacy behind. No one will singing his name 100 years from now. He's not Pep, he's not Sacchi, he's not Bielsa, he's not Cruyff, he's not even Ten Hag.
Top, top, post mate, other than including Klopp in that list. I'm not sure there is much unique about his football other than getting the very best out of the assets at his disposal.

If you didn't say that or mean that then I apologise , but it read like that to me.

For what feels like the 100th time - the board may or may not rate Potch, if they do and the only time to get him is this summer(2020) then I suspect they will ask Guardiola for a commitment longer than the end of 2021 - if they do not get that commitment then the board have a decision to make

Good point Bill!

However it isn't only the existing players wanting to know, any potential signings would be asking the same question. The chance to work with and play in a team coached by Pep is a mighty big draw

That's true too BASS..!

Be interesting to see who we sign in the summer..

If it's JFE, Phi the Face and Beanz we can safely assume Pep's off..!

Haha..!

For what feels like the 100th time - the board may or may not rate Potch, if they do and the only time to get him is this summer(2020) then I suspect they will ask Guardiola for a commitment longer than the end of 2021 - if they do not get that commitment then the board have a decision to make
Fair enough.

Pep is the best manager in the world and will be the best in history if he stays around long enough and goes to enough clubs and maybe stays at one long enough to create a dynasty like Fergie

That being said I am worried that there is more than injuries affect our players right now we are lacking speed and creativity ? What is everyone’s thoughts on this ? What’s the reasoning do the players or manager need a change is this the burn out are is Pep to intense

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.