Newcastle (a) post-match thread

Too slow in possession all over the park, no bite upfront and apologetic defending. If we pick anything up trophy-wise this season it’ll be by luck as much as design. We’re just a busted flush I’m afraid.

We need to shake the squad up and get some fire back. I’ve said it a few times but Fernandinho is the best defensive midfield player this league has ever seen in my opinion and should play there regardless. He’s not a centre back but could play there in an emergency IF he has a quality centre back next to him.

we’re so predictable and, if I’m honest, boring at times this season. Maybe a bit of complacency and definitely some players that simply aren’t good enough. For me, Gundogan is a squad player and should be used as such, Mahrez is far too inconsistent and Mendy is nowhere near the level he needs to be both fitness and ability-wise.

Laporte and Sane can’t come back soon enough and I think things will look differently then. In the meantime, Foden has to play, he’s energetic, creative and above all, he cares. Why can’t Garcia get a game at centre back? He looks a class act and despite being young, he hasn’t been troubled much when he’s played, partly because of the opposition and partly i suspect, because fucking Fernandinho would play in front of him!!

We can get something out of this season. It might not be silverware, but experience in some young players would go a long way to appease a lot of people. If we don’t try that, nothing will change until we spunk 200 million on why could potentially be another couple of Mendy’s. Sorry to single him out a couple of times but he’s fucking gash and I honestly can’t remember a good game he’s had for us.

Wouldn’t say the league is over yet,a lot can change.We were so slow and lethargic,lack of hunger and certain players are either going through the motions or have lost some confidence in themselves.Lack of leader on the pitch,play like this versus Leicester and they will take us to the cleaners.Season far from over on 4 fronts,need to buy wisely in January to freshen up where needed,very stale at present.

Liverpool have lost once in about 18 months. We need them to lose 4 times + however many more points we are definitely going to drop.

Mendy should stick to being a social media influencer, The guy is the weakest link in the team by a long way, offers nothing apart from that same one dimensional cross, Left back? He can't defend at all and is an absolute liability

starting to think Laporte’s injury is just an excuse. We still have ridiculously talented team but our style isn’t working any more. It was never going to last forever, but the level of performances has dropped off a cliff and teams just know how to deal with us now.
Very true mate there thinking Eric is superman, great player he is but it's not just the defence we look shot in every position and its been weeks not just today

Yeah I like Rodri but he’s not up to speed with the prem yet, probably not see the bet of him until next year.

The solution is not to keep playing Ferna in the CDM role. Without experience and game time, Rodri will never learn and improve.

And the difference between Klopp and Pep, is that Klopp keep playing his strongest 11, while Pep uses rotation a bit too much. Not playing Bernardo (our most important player in 18/19) and Rodri from start was a huge mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.