Newcastle (a) post-match thread

Been saying it for ages that he aint good enough and just receive dogs abuse for it and excuses.....pre injuries I questioned his defenisve ability and its now coming to fruition -he is shit!
A lot of us have said give Mendy time. Unfortunately, there will be a lot fewer of us after today.

we really need to stop with the fernandinho in defence nonsense. its not working
Yet he's been our best defender in most of the games he's had to play, so its not his fault, and its not nonsense. What clearly isn't right is the full backs, and this exposes the CB's who are constantly having to cover their arses. There's not been a single good FB performance since we lost Laporte. Its quite clear that Mendy is not good enough, and Angelino doesn't look much better.

Also we are seriously lacking pace across the midfield and attack, only Sterling really has any with the current fit players.

I'm not even slightly suprised about today's result after watching us midweek, then we make 5 changes and get worse.

Kompany leaving
Lack of pace from too many players (Rodri Mendy Gundo Silva)
Sané injury
Laporte injury
Fernandinho having to play at the back, we are missing him in midfield)
Kun injury
Silva looks like he’s come to the end
Rodri doesn’t look at the right standard
Mendy has been very poor
de Bruyne’s passing is hit and miss
Sterling is woefully out of form
Mahrez isn’t doing enough
Jesus isn’t doing enough
Bernardo has dropped in form
Gundo is poor in attacking mid
Angeliño isn’t good enough
Cancelo doesn’t look particularly great
Stones had come back in great form but made a mistake today

The whole squad bar two players are underperforming (so everyone can stop with singling out individuals right away!)

Also VAR is fucking us over regularly and is having a psychological affect. It’s taken the stuffing out of us I reckon.

Pep is not working out the right formula to combat all of the above.

Ederson and Fernandinho have been brilliant but that’s about it.

We need a lift. We need something like Pep to say he’s staying longer and sign a new extended deal or Sané to do the same.
Tend to agree with most of that - very good post

Pep need to get Otamendi on the field so Fern can play in midfield and put an end to this experiment. The experiment has been a disaster and about time to terminate it.

He could not or would not be put in because of all politics around the contract. His difference is major reason why we are struggling for next year CL.

Or because he wasn’t playing well at all during the run in. The difference between him and Bernardo on the right was staggering.

No other team at the better end of the league has had significant injuries to compare to ours. Has any other team had the shite decisions with or without VARrce this season. It is difficult enough to win a title when everyone is on their game and yer get a fair run of the ball and rub of the green, but we having to make do and mend and the cloth is getting frayed and the threads are looking a bit thin! There is January.

Anyway, I am retiring from football until our lasses kick off tomorrow and hopefully ram half a dozen down the Dipper gullets!

I know this is controversial, but when I watch some of his recent games, I would even seriously consider selling Sterling.

He is at the top of his value and for £200m, we might need to take one step backwards to take two forward?

Add that to £100m plus for Sane, and we can surely fill the team with more youthful quality.

On his day, Sterling looks a world beater, but there are times when he looks less than ordinary.

They thought Ferguson was mad to sell Ince, Stam and Van Nistelrooy, but he knew when to cash in and replace for the sake of moving forward again.

I would expect the majority to disagree with me but I think the market is bottoming out and we need to start thinking where this team of ours is going to be in a couple of years time.

Ridiculous over-reaction as per usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.