Newcastle (a) post-match thread

Garbage. This premier League campaign is now like the old ones before we started winning it. Enjoy every match as it comes without worrying about other teams results and look forward to derby day.

yup agree

I don think Walker is doing that bad (not great but not that bad) but fully agree on the others.

best if a bad bunch but not great.

the glue that held this lot together has gone. Whether that be Kompanys influence around the squad I don’t know. But this lot are like a ship that had lost its skipper and don’t know what to do.

we have lost 8/9 points against Norwich, Wolves and Newcastle. Any talk of leagues from here is just ridiculous. The way we are playing at the minute we will be forrunate to finish top 3. Teams score almost every time they attack.

I know this is controversial, but when I watch some of his recent games, I would even seriously consider selling Sterling.

He is at the top of his value and for £200m, we might need to take one step backwards to take two forward?

Add that to £100m plus for Sane, and we can surely fill the team with more youthful quality.

On his day, Sterling looks a world beater, but there are times when he looks less than ordinary.

They thought Ferguson was mad to sell Ince, Stam and Van Nistelrooy, but he knew when to cash in and replace for the sake of moving forward again.

I would expect the majority to disagree with me but I think the market is bottoming out and we need to start thinking where this team of ours is going to be in a couple of years time.

Yes I would agree with that. If Madrid paid daft money for him and same with same - potentially 200 million play what ever else was available to rebuild the team. Some major work is needed.

I know this is controversial, but when I watch some of his recent games, I would even seriously consider selling Sterling.

He is at the top of his value and for £200m, we might need to take one step backwards to take two forward?

Add that to £100m plus for Sane, and we can surely fill the team with more youthful quality.

On his day, Sterling looks a world beater, but there are times when he looks less than ordinary.

They thought Ferguson was mad to sell Ince, Stam and Van Nistelrooy, but he knew when to cash in and replace for the sake of moving forward again.

I would expect the majority to disagree with me but I think the market is bottoming out and we need to start thinking where this team of ours is going to be in a couple of years time.

I dont think we have much option with Sane....injury aside he is out the door and there is no stopping that....

Personally the one id sacrifice is Jesus-you could get a decent fee for him and he looks ordinary MOST of the time even when we are playing well he is clearly second fiddle

Not sure we would get much for the others id sell (gindo, Mendy, Mahrez) but you are right in the sense we need a rebuild and its going to need some sacrifices

Title race is not probably over. It’s definitely over.

I’m thinking Pep is only playing Mendy as a fall guy knowing he himself is having a mare this season.

fuck this shit. We can blame VAR and injuries all we want but from the manager down we have been average all over the park this season bar defence where we have been absolute rubbish.

And Mendy? Fucking Mendy? Well he’s got to be the best paid social media influencer the world has ever seen as he certainly can’t play football.

depressing.
If Mikel Arteta goes to the Arse, we'll be well and truly fucked. Sometimes you watch the bench and it is him through verbals instigates any change. Is Pep too pig headed to change his ways?

what a reflection that is on the other ones. They should be collectively ashamed of themselves that a 34 years midfielder is seen a better bet than them who have played there for years.

Walker, Cancelo, Stones, Otamendi, Mendy

£230m for that. Stunning business.
They've won titles. Mendy since been wrecked by injury.

Was only a few months ago that we were celebrating a side that had won back to back titles and now we're criticising players because they have grown old or have had serious injury?

what a reflection that is on the other ones. They should be collectively ashamed of themselves that a 34 years midfielder is seen a better bet than them who have played there for years.

Walker, Cancelo, Stones, Otamendi, Mendy

£230m for that. Stunning business.

Worst club ever in buying defensive players. We've been fucking good in picking midfield and attacking magicians, but boy, we're shit at defensive part of transfers.

Without Raz we’d be Arsenal.

I can get my head around not winning the league..

We're not going to win it every year, no-one does..

3 on the bounce would have been some achievement though ..

What's fcuked my weekend up is the players seem to be going through the motions..

There was no energy, the clock went from 48 to 70 minutes and the the tempo never changed in a game we had to win, this was after the first half just drifted past..

Maybe the hunger has wained.. It's a pity the players don't have the same passion and energy as the fans to drive them on.. seems that way to me anyway..!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.