Newcastle (a) post-match thread

on the bright side, last time we were shit at Newcastle, it started some beautiful things.

Not going to happen this year though, lol

Another underwhelming performance, we've really not got started this season at all for many reasons really. I'm sure we would all agree we dont expect to win every trophy going every season but the way we've allowed Liverpool to build such a lead is highly disappointing - there are definitely holes in this team that need filled.

I think the biggest issue we STILL have is the full backs, Walker, Mendy, Angelino, Cancelo and Zin to an extent have shown absolutely no reason why they should be first choices for our team. Little defensive abilities and next to no quality in the final third - we get away with it when we're playing well and keeping the ball but the moment we are exposed to see just how poor the lot of them are.

I’m not that disappointed. I was expecting it to a degree. This is 2012/2013 all over again. We have held an amazing standard for two seasons so it’s expected we’ll fall a little but this is a little further than I thought.

I think they put in a really good effort but we're not playing at the level needed to transform that into points - not a lack of application more a lack of cohesion and certain star players either being absent or past it.

As for the fans, if the players showed as much passion and energy as the fans do for most home games we'd be languishing in the conference with Stockport County.

I was thinking more of the away support TH, thought they were the best part of the game tbh...

The team didn't lack effort just thought they showed no urgency considering it was a must win game..

dont understand why we are obsessed with slow technical players. this is not 2010 anymore

and what's worse, we were starting to build very fast team and it worked wonders for us. Raheem, Sane, Jesus, KDB running at defences and all young, it was frightening good and promising. Than we turned to slow again.

Of course we do, but do you really think we'd be better off with Stones alongside Otamandi with our current FB's, even with Fernadhino in front of them.

I think we’d stand a chance to score more with fern where he should be, a risk I’d rather take than sitting and waiting to concede while watching gundo knock sideways passes all over the place and chicken out of tackles.

And I’d rather just try García while we’re at it. Play some people who have a bit more fire and something more to prove.

He was out alot during our 14 match streak at the end of the season.
Playing players who are dreadfully out of form constantly is the reason we are so predictable.

I remember laboured 1-0 wins against Burnley and Leicester. We could keep clean sheets then. Not picking a fight, we are just not the same team without him in the middle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.