Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

We win 2 titles in a row in exceptional style then have a poor run of form in a side fraught with injuries and a number of the so called supporters throw the towel in. Pretty pathetic how spolied some are and how quick to throw the rattle out when it's not all 4-0 results and championship titles.

Pochettino has just been sacked after building the best Spurs team in my lifetime and taking them to a Champions League final. Ranieri was sacked less than twelve months after taking Leicester to the Premier League title. Mourinho got the sack despite saving united from relegation.

It's all about whether or not you can see us getting pulled out of what is undeniably a massive slump rather than focusing on previous achievements.

Literally any other manager in the world would be getting serious questions asked of them at this point. Considering the fact that we haven't come close to improving on the many issues underlying the performances this season, there's only so much time his reputation is going to buy him.

People go on about injuries incessantly but we have had 2 long term absentees, only one of whom is a definite starter ie Laporte. We have plenty of cover for Leroy bearing in mind Jesus and Bernie have spent most of the season sat on the their arses.

Think we should get potch at the end of the season
We’ve lost a few games, we need to do better...

but that bloke lost 24 Premier League games in the last 2¼ seasons alone and finished third in a two horse race where the champions had 81 points and they had a better side.

We win 2 titles in a row in exceptional style then have a poor run of form in a side fraught with injuries and a number of the so called supporters throw the towel in. Pretty pathetic how spolied some are and how quick to throw the rattle out when it's not all 4-0 results and championship titles.
i understand pep is a great manager probaly the best but at bayern he team burnt out im not saying if he stays i wont be happy all im saying is the performences havent been great this year and maybe its best for both

A decision between keeping a man who's revolutionised football, who wins trophy after trophy after trophy, who breaks records, who produced the best team England has ever seen etc etc and hiring a man who had a couple of half decent seasons at Spurs - even managing to finish as high as 3rd one year.

Not such a tricky decision

I give up. I thought the politics threads were heavy - I think I prefer there though to be honest

Pochettino has just been sacked after building the best Spurs team in my lifetime and taking them to a Champions League final. Ranieri was sacked less than twelve months after taking Leicester to the Premier League title. Mourinho got the sack despite saving united from relegation.

It's all about whether or not you can see us getting pulled out of what is undeniably a massive slump rather than focusing on previous achievements.

Literally any other manager in the world would be getting serious questions asked of them at this point. Considering the fact that we haven't come close to improving on the many issues underlying the performances this season, there's only so much time his reputation is going to buy him.

That's at least another 18 months and quite rightly so

People go on about injuries incessantly but we have had 2 long term absentees, only one of whom is a definite starter ie Laporte. We have plenty of cover for Leroy bearing in mind Jesus and Bernie have spent most of the season sat on the their arses.
I have no words if you really believe that

Slump? Second in the league and in the quarters of the league cup and topped the group to progress to the knockout stages of the champions league.
Yeah as you say a massive slump.

You seem to forget we don't run the club like utd or the Scousers.

And shame on you throwing the towel in when we've hit a bit of a rocky patch.
Maybe supporting us isn't for you yeah?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.