Newcastle (a) post-match thread

Whilst it is too easy to highlight individual performances as lacking, of more concern is the overall team performance. The two issues that smack me in the face are the speed of pass. Too often the ball is trundled around after multiple touches rather than zipped about as it was when at our best. The second is our press has gone to hell in a hand basket. It used to be awesome. You can’t blame that on injuries. There just seems a general malaise.
Totally agree, we have far too many players underperforming. something seems wrong within the team as a whole

The way we are at the moment, I fear we can expect worse at Burnley. But one lives in (forlorn?) hope.

Injuries aside the worrying thing for me is there isn't really a reaction. Last season after the Newcastle loss harsh words were said, we regrouped and turned it around. We have had some really poor performances already this season so you would think a few of these meetings have been had already but to no avail.

Pep will be as mystified and pissed off as we are. How do world class players suddenly look ordinary all of a sudden and all at the same time? They probably look okay in training, they work at tactics, then go out and appear to forget everything. He can't put the ball in the net from good chances, he can't legislate for passes going astray or defenders cocking up simple clearances or leaving a very good striker of the ball totally unmarked from a set piece.

Would Garcia be worst than Stones, or almost anyone better than Mendy? Do we not have ONE prolific young striker we could at least stick on the bench and throw on as a wild card when we are misfiring? We can laugh at the rags and I know some of their playing of young players is down to injuries, but at least they give Greenwood and co a go.
Agree with you about the young players. Pep really deserves some criticism re Garcia and Foden. He's made the wrong call re Silva / Foden, and I think he may have done the same with Garcia. I'd have played him alongside Stones.

Everyone in football can see that this City side's intensity has dropped. To an extent it is inevitable given injuries to KDB, and Mendy and Silva's age but he could have brought through young players and hasn't done. That was a mistake. He would deserve it if Foden submits a transfer request. It's really bad in my opinion that he has started so few games given the lack of energy in City's midfield. It was so telling and predictable in the 1st half v Newcastle.

I missed today’s game but I did fear the worst when I saw Silva and Gundogan in the starting line-up.

As much as I despise them, it really does seem to finally be ‘Liverpool’s year’.

VAR, questionable tactics/selection policy, injuries, wastefulness and our transfer business in the summer are just some of the reasons why we have had such a difficult start to the season.

He’s not doing anything spectacular though is it?

I’ve never been shy about being critical of Hart but he used to have a handful of ‘wow’ matches each season as a rule. Ederson is tidy but he’s not pulling UK trees this season, so far.
What a strange target to choose. There must be seven or eight in front of Ederson in the queue for an underwhelming medal.

We're too slow. We looked exciting and fast last season, but injuries and maybe tiredness, mentally and physically seem to have taken their toll.

We really do need a couple of signings in January to freshen things up and provide new impetus.

I like Jesus and think he's superbly talented in terms of technique but he's not a great finisher. We have too many like that, brilliant technique but not enough influence on the actual score. We got away with it when our defence was bang on, but it bites us on the arse when we're shaky at the back.

Need to go big for a finisher in summer if not January. I'd love to see us use some of this £4.8bn to make an offer for Sancho or Haaland, and maybe Soyuncu and Chilwell in defence. It won't happen though, we'll struggle on manfully with what we have, and limply accept the scouse twats walking away with our league title, when we clearly have the financial means and managerial prowess to stop them. But we seem to operate sitting on our hands this season, which is a shame as players like Fern and Kun deserve another title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.