Pep's Buys - Worst and Best?

Pep players are naturally comfortable on the ball which asks the question why did he ever buy Mendy?

It's not about having a blip, of course i appreciate whats happened to our great club but i can also see where we've got some things wrong and you know what, yes, even the top people at the club have got it wrong with some transfers, it happens, to think otherwise is utter madness.
Happens to every top club in world football. Not every transfer is successful. I'm just surprised we aren't in a relegation battle with all these average players.

To put it into perspective. Laporte is our only top class CB we have purchased since 2008. We can't spot top class CB even if our lives depended on it. We are obsessed with these soft as shit CBs who look classy on the ball, but cant defend at all.

Agree totally. Stones was a liability today. It was shocking

totally agree, every defeat or draw its the same,

I joined BM during that drought run under Stewart Pearce for a bit of light relief from the utter tedious shit I was watching and I distinctly remember this place back then being far more upbeat and positive than it is now. These are strange times indeed...

Ranking best to worst.

Ederson
Laporte
Bernardo/Sane
Sane/Bernardo
Walker
Gundogan
Gabriel Jesus
Stones
Zinchenko
Rodri
Cancelo
Danilo
Bravo (league cups)
Mahrez
Mendy

Nolito
i would still rather have Brazil national team player Danilo at 26 million over a very less than avg. player than 60 million Cancelo.

Mahrez was that buyers remorseful impulse buy that everyone should reference before they go Black Friday shopping.

Best:

1.Laporte
2.Ederson
3.Sane/B Silva

Worst:

1.Bravo
2.Mendy
3.Cancelo - I know it’s too soon to judge but we should have targeted a centre back instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.