John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's soft, always has been. I don't even care about the occasional slip up on the ball that the England fans hate, that's part of the price of a ball playing centerback. The problem is that he just is too timid, he lets things happen instead of being aggressive and trying to stop them. When he was playing well a couple of years ago, he was confident and assertive, but as soon as something happens, his head drops and he starts being timid again, for months
Nail on head. Not aggressive enough.

He's soft, always has been. I don't even care about the occasional slip up on the ball that the England fans hate, that's part of the price of a ball playing centerback. The problem is that he just is too timid, he lets things happen instead of being aggressive and trying to stop them. When he was playing well a couple of years ago, he was confident and assertive, but as soon as something happens, his head drops and he starts being timid again, for months

Very much this.

He played a ball from defence after about a minute today that split them in half and found KDB in a great position. Sublime.

soft as puppy shit in defensive situations though.

He lets things go when he needs to elbow in sharpish, but also frequently gets done for being waaaay too tight when it's time to hold the guy up. I really don't get him as a top quality CB. His part in their goal made shocking viewing. Someone needs to boost his stats.

I don’t think he’s got any better than when we bought him, he’s certainly not at the level I expected him to be at by now

He’s not aggressive enough. Although that could be said for a lot of them

Bloody fantastic this, our £50m, experienced international centre back, will play ok in 3 months time, when Laporte comes back and does all the defending for him.
Played well the first half of last season when he had the same player alongside him. Do you think he played well in the first half of last season?

Played well the first half of last season when he had the same player alongside him. Do you think he played well in the first half of last season?

Yes he did and he played well at times the season before and there’s a pattern....his best performances coincide with the team battering the opposition week after week. I have said before, Stones is the best defender in the world in a 5-0 win. Fucking useless when we have to do any defending though.

Yes he did and he played well at times the season before and there’s a pattern....his best performances coincide with the team battering the opposition week after week. I have said before, Stones is the best defender in the world in a 5-0 win. Fucking useless when we have to do any defending though.
I have to disagree with your description of useless. Let’s see what happens as the season progresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.