#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
except for kdb no one stands out today.
b.silva come as his replacement and the only thing he did is missing the best chance to score in the whole game.

It's a waste of our right wing,he cuts inside instead of crossing from wide,we used to stretch teams right out now the right wing is redundant

Not sure what is with the “loss of confidence” excuse? Are we talking about an Academy kid? He is almost 29, and this is his FIFTH season in PL. He should have no issues with confidence. Excluding one season, Mahrez has never been an outstanding player. To make it worse, he simply doesn’t fit our system for obvious reasons.

If our right winger is going to cut inside every time then we need the fullback overlapping constantly or kdb or whoever running across/outside of them to provide the width and the threat in behind. But everyone just stays put most of the time, so we clog up the middle and waste an entire flank.

Is pep holding the fullbacks back because of the defensive fears? If he is, then I don’t see how you can do much unless your wingers are there to stretch the defense and cross with their outside foot. Otherwise they just run into walls again and again and again.

also I still don’t understand how the instruction on the wings for anyone isn’t that they have to try to beat the first man, charge the goal, and then put in a low hard cross. Instead we just hang on the line and lob something in to the defense’s heads again and again while our little fellas try to climb their backs. It’s clearly a thing we thought we’d catch teams with, it’s too deliberate to be otherwise. But it’s insane.

Suffers too much from being inconsistent. His contribution in numbers is good this season but the issue is he disappear for the majority of games, cutting in and not adapting his tactic. He has improved, but we need to see his better side more often.

I like Mahrez gets man of the match one week then gets dropped and loses confidence. People saying he’s shit is just wrong in my opinion. He needs regular games
Needs regular game time and could do with some of the ball, against Newcastle it was criminal how much we were just playing down the left. It was embarrassing the amount of messing about on the LW before a cross in to the first man, 20ft in the air or straight out of play.

Still continues to frustrate by flitting in and out of games.

Bags of ability but doesn't bring those bags to enough games.

I was his biggest fan before we signed him but it hasn't worked out so I'd let him go.

Leicester would probably bite our hands off to bring him home and pair him with Steptoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.