Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angelinos got zero pace? he seems pretty quick not walker fast but hes pretty zippy

No,mate I was on about Mendy. He always turned like a bus which made his pace defensively often ineffective but now the injuries seem to have taken away his pace even after 20 he's got going.

His crossing has gone to shit. When he first came he looked like he was putting a stream of dangerous crosses in every game. Now they are truly awful

No,mate I was on about Mendy. He always turned like a bus which made his pace defensively often ineffective but now the injuries seem to have taken away his pace even after 20 he's got going.
I was talking about angelino as being first choice until we buy someone. Injuries have ruined mendys career i think we will be looking to get rid in the summer

He was atrocious yesterday but why is Mendy being told to push out? If the cross comes in we need his height, meanwhile Foden is marking someone that has a significant height advantage on him. Foden should've been the one told to push out.

He really wasn't that bad yesterday ,if the 1-2 had been seen out properly his performance wouldn't be a problem ,because it really wasn't that bad ,a couple of loose clearances first half when under a lot of pressure and a poor contact leading up to the second goal but that's all
As for the video its inconclusive and theres no reason why Walker or Rodri couldn't of done it themselves,Walkers wandering around with no one to mark Walkers telling Mendy to do something ,when hes the defender and closing down should be a midfielders job ,oh Bernardo was in the wall

Last edited:
Feel sorry for Mendy, as he’s not the player he was before those injuries.

But sentiment shouldn’t play a part when it comes to winning matches, a winning team, and winning trophies.

If he isn’t good enough, which he hasn’t been this season, he needs to be dropped.

His possible replacements aren't great, but they would be better than Mendy.

We need a new left back in the Summer, or maybe in January, if we can get the right player at the right price? That will be difficult though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.