Pep's Buys - Worst and Best?

Cancels - we didn’t need another full back who can’t defend and money could have been more wisely spent I.e. CB or CF

Cancels - we didn’t need another full back who can’t defend and money could have been more wisely spent I.e. CB or CF
Agree, I couldn’t work out why we were so keen to ship out Danilo. Not the best player in the world but not sure he ever let us down whether right back, left back, centre half or holding midfield. In my mind would be an important player for us now

I have given up on Mahrez. Fantastically skilful player. Possibly technically the best of all City's players but a player who does not suit the right wing role, and I don't think he will ever work there.

It annoys me that we bought Rodri to cover Fernandinho and then don't use him in that position. His game is on reading the game, and distributing the ball. But you've got to play him in the role he was made for.

Cancels - we didn’t need another full-back who can’t defend and money could have been more wisely spent I.e. CB or CF
I don't want a centre-back at City.

Injury can take your best players, and yes we need cover but in 6 months we will have the cover. We didn't buy Maguire because he was over-rated and also because we know wer have two outstanding young centre-backs. Perhaps we should call on them now?

Totally agree, either bring in a CB from the academy or buy someone, secondly, I'd love to see a big skilful centre forward who won't be bullied by anyone. A CF like 'the beast' Negredo or one of that ilk. We don't have any muscle up front these days, Jesus is certainly not the answer. Take Mahrez out and put Jesus over there. It could work!

With having both Fernandinho and Gundogan for defensive mid this season, we could have held out for their replacement when someone seriously top class became available and concentrated on another centre half in the Summer just gone.

As soon as Kompany announced he was leaving and knowing Otamendi wasn’t good enough last season, everyone said we needed a new centre half. We’ve gone into the season with two decent options for two positions with Laporte and Stones.

And Stones is decent, he’s been really good since coming back from injury. He made a mistake yesterday but Kompany made mistakes like that n’all - quite a few times in fact. Including two at Watford last season that saw Pep lose his shit with him on the touch line and substitute him and many fans were saying he wouldn’t be back in the side for a while. People very easily forget about those things though.

Last edited by a moderator:

People keep misunderstanding the Cancelo transfer, dont know if it is deliberate or not at this point. We didnt spend 60m that could have gone on a CB, we spent 17m cash + Danilo.

Danilo wanted to leave. At that point we needed a RB to replace him. Juve are in financial trouble so are open to the swap deal with an inflated prices to help their books.

Hes a very good young RB and will be well worth what we actually paid for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.