Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread

Burnley (A) Prediction

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He absolutely should be playing. He's much better than Angelino and he'll only get better by playing more games.
He’s literally getting worse the more he plays. Shouldn’t be anywhere near the team. Have him in the stand posting the live tweets.

Sterling has to be rested midweek or he will simply burn out, if he hasn't already. Why are folk picking Mendy when he is clearly not ready? Angelino has to start on Tuesday. Perhaps Zinchenko may feature next weekend? I would play The General for this game as, despite his lack of height, he still wins plenty of headers.

with present form i think a draw would be a good result!

We should absolutely murder them but we are just so below par at everything....

Ederson

Walker Stones Ferna Angelino

rodri

B.Silva KDB D. Silva ????????????

Sterling

For the life of me I cannt work out from present squad who should play in midfield.......Mahrez will disappear in a game like this.....so will Gundogan so they shouldnt be anywhere near the squad. Foden should play but he would take Davids spot and you cant put David out wide left (nor Foden)

Ive put sterling upfront as Jesus is just garbage at present and i dont see that changing.

Sterling has to be rested midweek or he will simply burn out, if he hasn't already. Why are folk picking Mendy when he is clearly not ready? Angelino has to start on Tuesday. Perhaps Zinchenko may feature next weekend? I would play The General for this game as, despite his lack of height, he still wins plenty of headers.
I picked Mendy just for his height advantage over Angelino, If Angelino played then Ashley Barnes would constantly stay on his shoulder for balls into the box.
Having said that both Mendy and Angelino have been garbage when they've played. Sooner the better Zinny is back.

Plus he too is on 4 yellows, another one here and he’s banned for the derby so yes rest him in this one ...

I think we have to try putting Stones and Otamendi back together so we can have Fernandinho back in normal role, personally think it would make a big difference. Although Stones and Otamendi could make a big difference but in the wrong way.

Tempted to put the mortgage on Burnley having 2 attempts on goal both of which will hit the back of our net. We'll have 583 attempts on goal and score 1. Hate to say it, but I can only see more dropped points on Tuesday.

I think we have to try putting Stones and Otamendi back together so we can have Fernandinho back in normal role, personally think it would make a big difference. Although Stones and Otamendi could make a big difference but in the wrong way.

Stones and Otamendi were the partnership in first half of the Centurion season and when we went on to that record 18 wins in a row ...

But Fernandinho has only been training as a CB since his arrival for pre season this summer so he ain’t going in that midfield anytime soon ... Pep’s going to keep him there and Rodri and Gundo will be the ones in that role ... I have a feeling Gundo was promised more game time and why he signed that extension and that’s also the reason that’s going to keep Ferna at the back!

Mendy has been terrible the last 2 games. No way should he be starting. Looks like we'll have to spend another £60 million in the summer on a new LB as I don't rate any of the current squad who can play there. Play Otamendi v Burnley at the back with Stones. Foden in for Merlin. I am sure Burnley's strikers will get plenty of high balls to tee off on. Full backs have to stop the supply coming in and closing down out wide will be required. After Newcastle can't say I'm too confident. Hopefully we will be more clinical with any chances that come our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.