Emotionally connected to City..!

8 pounds return on the coach to see city at Cardiff and a fiver to get in and stand where you want with your mates to watch billys blue and white army

It is 100% true. I go to every home game and it's the same crowd that's always been going. They are mostly season ticket holders anyway, and for those who go away following City is what they do because there are few things better to do with your money.

Indeed season ticket holders, therefore generally they not bad off are they.

What is good to do with your money is subjective really.

Lets just take what it would cost to go to an away game with City these days. I have not done it in years so correct me if my estimates are wrong....lets say an average away, Newcastle perhaps. Not checked any of this so total guess, £50 ticket, £60 rail fare, Cost of the whole day out for 1 person about £150? Thats being tight fisted and allowing £40 for food drink etc. Thats flights there and back and a weeks accommodation for me and the good lady in the Algarve next week.

Indeed season ticket holders, therefore generally they not bad off are they.

What is good to do with your money is subjective really.

Lets just take what it would cost to go to an away game with City these days. I have not done it in years so correct me if my estimates are wrong....lets say an average away, Newcastle perhaps. Not checked any of this so total guess, £50 ticket, £60 rail fare, Cost of the whole day out for 1 person about £150? Thats being tight fisted and allowing £40 for food drink etc. Thats flights there and back and a weeks accommodation for me and the good lady in the Algarve next week.
I watched this after the game, and dug it out. That's the same support that's been following City from when I first started. I know prices have gone up a lot. That is true.

I watched this after the game, and dug it out. That's the same support that's been following City from when I first started. I know prices have gone up a lot. That is true.

I do not doubt there are those who can do it. What I am saying is they are a long way from being on the bones of their arse if they can afford to watch City home and away...or even at home every match. Far less can afford to do that than could and did back in the 70s and 80s.

I do not doubt there are those who can do it. What I am saying is they are a long way from being on the bones of their arse if they can afford to watch City home and away...or even at home every match. Far less can afford to do that than could and did back in the 70s and 80s.
Your definition of 'wealthy' is different to mine.

I'm going to be completely honest here and say I'm beginning to lose it.

Season ticket holder for over 20 years from the late 80's through to 2007 when i moved out to South Africa and when we moved back to the UK in early 2012 i got my season ticket back but only had it for the one season as i honestly did not enjoy the match day experience that City had become all about and with moving to Scotland and work and family commitments i let it go again and since then I've gone the odd game but that is it.

The way the game has gone, Refs, VAR, us constantly being fucked over both domestically and in Europe has seen my love of football in general wane to the point i am now at where i can honestly take it or leave it and i certainly dont get upset any longer about a shit result like yesterday as there are more important things in life.

Yes i have enjoyed our success but then supporting City as a match going fan home and away for over 20 years was never about success for me. It was about the buzz of the working week leading up to a game, knowing you had tickets if it was an away, travelling with mates, having a few scoops and then watching us (get beat more often than not) but really enjoying every single minute of it.

Honestly i wouldn't have a season ticket given me now and whilst that is sad, its the gods honest truth.

For a period of time this season I thought about jacking it in because of VAR and the bollocks going on in football but then they’ve won haven’t they?

The FA, UEFA, Liverpool, Utd etc. all want us to give in and that’s why we mustn’t.

City have never had a more successful period, never had more fans turning up every week, never had fans from other places, but that’s all changed and they won’t stop us.

Yesterday the title race finished but we’ve won 5 major trophies in the last 24 months prior to this season, basically adding another 3rd onto our overall trophy count in 2 years.

I’m just enjoying, enjoying having such a good side and we’ve still got 3 cups to contest.

Reactions: mat
It’s ruins me for days & sometimes weeks, I can’t let go of a defeat, whether it be bent officiating or a poor performance. Arguing with friends or colleague about being ripped off.
It gets into your soul and dictates your viewing and listening, sad really being t that’s how it is.
Lows- my 1st Wembley visit in 74 with the loss to Wolves, I cried all the way home on the Yelloways coach.
Stood at the front of the Kippax watching Pleat do his jig.
Gutted at Stoke after a great performance but going down, then having to avoid the concrete lumps the Stoke fans were chucking at us whilst the plod did f*** all about it.
Full Members Cup Final- bizarre game but a loss none the less.
Wembley 81 - both games despite being mugged by 4 Spuds fans in the toilets under Wembley Way, spent half the first match with St Johns trying to cover my snapped front teeth- f***** hate Tottenham
The many defeats to the rags, with bent refs.
Highs- Wembley 76, victory against Newcastle, sang all the way home.
The Aguero moment could never be beaten though.
Onwards we go.
Come on Pep, sort it out.

CTID

It's not just me then... Ha!!

Reading through the replies, City effects us all..

The cost of football is not comparable these days, like many have said.. 75p to get in the Kippax I seem to recall..

If City are in your heart, not attending games for whatever reason, cost, distance, living in a different Country, makes not one jot of difference to me..

Your are in a love affair that you can never finish..cradle to grave..!

You can change your wife, friends, job and where you live but never the team you love. .!

50 years of it you think we would get use to it, for most of us they saying is correct city till we die.
Ive tried to "not care" when we lose but I just cant do it , as others have said you just cant explain that horrible feeling of why you cant shake that pissed off feeling until the next game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.