Newcastle (a) post-match thread

Why don't our wingers run passed opposition fullbacks? Sterling & Mahrez are rapid Mahrez didn't try taking his fullback on once from what I remember look at St Maxim fella left our fullback for dead.

Frustrating that we just pass back into Midfield, get the ball, run passed defenders get in the box and hope you're hacked down we don't do it :(

We created plenty enough chances to have won the game handily, particularly in the 2H. We drew because of an inexplicable decision not to mark Shelvey from a free kick

We created plenty enough chances to have won the game handily, particularly in the 2H. We drew because of an inexplicable decision not to mark Shelvey from a free kick

I'm not talking about the result. I'm asking why we don't use the full potential of our wingers, why don't they take the full backs on?

Keeping possession and passing is great but when that doesn’t create chances we have few if any players who actually run and take a player on. Plus, just play players in there correct position Fernandinho in midfield, Otamendi/Garcia at CB and Raz on the right wing.

Keeping possession and passing is great but when that doesn’t create chances we have few if any players who actually run and take a player on. Plus, just play players in there correct position Fernandinho in midfield, Otamendi/Garcia at CB and Raz on the right wing.
Don’t know what the problem is with Garcia tbh . What harm would it do to put him in the starting 11 and put ferdy in midfield . I also think we need to buy to replace David Silva as Phil foden may be the answer in the end but to say he is ready made is very optimistic at best . We are talking about one of Man City’s greatest ever players being replaced by a kid that’s played an handful of games . There is a massive massive gap in quality there at the moment and that won’t suddenly change next season .

That was all OK until the conclusion. Our season should not come down to beating Utd. Then we have gone back to 2008. And they are well capable of beating us too. One Rashford counter-attack and our defence will part like butter.

I'd prefer to say stuff as it is. City work so hard for goals, and we can't defend. We are back where we started in Pep's first season. The difference is that injuries have put us there and we'll recover when they return, but Pep wrecked our chances by making the wrong calls in the interim.

Two great seasons back to back. A poor season has followed. We were dealt a rough hand. Let's salvage what we can from this one, and then re-group for the next.

don't think he made the wrong call in the interim as there is still loads of time left in the season and a transfer window coming up. i feeling pep does not a panic at anything and if we go on to win the champions league then all this crap about not winning the title will be meaningless, because its the only thing that will shut the people/pundits and the media up, its the next step for manchester city to prove we are the best and winning the title would be just the same old stuff and thta big question of europe will still be there

the transfer window coming up is going to be big for most of the top clubs, but for manchester city its got to be a big statement and we need a big marque signing or two and money will be flying around, i can see 3 or 4 coming in and maybe 2 going out and even foden going on loan would not surprise me

The tendency for fans to over rate players is indirectly proportional to the amount of time they play. Foden may or not be the answer to replacing David Silva but in the fans eyes gets better everytime he is left on the bench. Similarly Laporte since his injury has grown in prowess. I think he is fragile at times and needs a stronger partner alongside.

who am i to question peps selection but in my opinion he got it wrong. Mendy is a liability, don't know whats happened to him. Id have played Cancelo there. Otamendi, again at times the same as a liability but would have played him to allow Fernandinho to play in his rightful position which is at most protecting the back four. Gund cant do that job like Fern, infact i don't know who can, not only at city but in the league. Fernandinho, centre of the park please!

who am i to question peps selection but in my opinion he got it wrong. Mendy is a liability, don't know whats happened to him. Id have played Cancelo there. Otamendi, again at times the same as a liability but would have played him to allow Fernandinho to play in his rightful position which is at most protecting the back four. Gund cant do that job like Fern, infact i don't know who can, not only at city but in the league. Fernandinho, centre of the park please!

Can’t help feeling the defensive issues we have give lead to lack of confidence - we are playing a little deeper, no pace and open to the ball over the top.
Fern needs to be in midfield no doubt about it.
Rodri goes sideways too much and does not create enough, Gundo we know is not Fern, but can be good back up.
How we press has also changed and we are more open to the counter.
Sure, We are not clicking right now and we miss Laporte in defence and Sane wide - Sterling and Mahrez both are looking to cut inside - Leroy gives us another option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.