Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread

Burnley (A) Prediction

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t have a defence full of midgets against these so Mendy will have to play. Stick Otamendi in too as I’ve not had a good laugh since the last time he played. Get Fernandinho in the middle with De Bruyne and Foden and play Bernando, Sterling and Jesus up front.

It's being shown on Amazon Prime Video along with the Palace game. when the fuck did that happen?

just out of a cave?

happened two years ago when amazon won the two packages for this mid week games and the boxing day games ... all 10 games this mid week on prime, 2 on tue, 6 on wed and 2 on thu ...

then same on boxing day as well, 9 on 26th and ours on 27th!

First things first - get Fernandinho back in his proper position and play with 2 actual CB's.

This will be essential against Burnley who have 2 big battering ram CFs. Fern would get his arse given to him big time by either of them in any physical / aerial battle.

Sort that and the rest will take care of itself imo.

We need to score at least 3 because if they have just 2 shots on goal they'll score 2.

I'd want us to try new things. Let's shake up some things for starters.

Ederson
Walker Rodri Otamendi Mendy
Fernandinho
De Bruyne Bernardo
Mahrez Sterling Jesus
*I seem to remember that Rodri did fine at CB before he got injured. No harm in trying him there because he uses his height and physicality, reads the game well and is calm. I know many wouldn't agree with me but I have little trust in Stones and I have not been silent about my criticism of him. Thankfully some are now coming to the realization that maybe he's not what we thought he would become.

*My eyes would be firmly on Mendy but I'll give him a chance for this one. Height is going to be very important here

*I wish Pep can listen to 90% of the fans and bring Fern back to the middle. We need him there so badly to stabilize the back

*In the same vein I wish Pep would allow Bernie play in CM. We need bundles of energy in the middle of the park and Bernie is the go-to man. Please lets not start Silva here.

*Just like with Mendy I'd be watching Mahrez too. Hopefully he would be his better self on the day.

*I seem to recall that Jesus won POTT at the south american nations cup playing on the right wing. Maybe ge could flourish there? His work rate is already fantastic but we need to have a re-think abiut his role in the team asap.

We need to score at least 3 because if they have just 2 shots on goal they'll score 2.

I should be amazed about the stats from yesterday's game (on OS commentary) if it were not for the fact that they're so repetitious. 75% possession, eight shots off target, eight on target and, if memory serves me well, ten or eleven corners. It may well be the same on Tuesday night, and we could still draw.

——————-—-Ederson——————--
Walker—Stones—Otamendi—Mendy
—————-Fernandinho——————-
———De Bruyne———-Silva————-
Sterling———-—Jesus———-Mahrez

Horrible defence, really, but I think we need Otamendi (and Fernandinho in midfield). As hopeless as Mendy currently is, don’t really see an alternative.
Left wing obviously doesn’t suit Mahrez especially well but I don’t care. We have to get Sterling back on the right. Be tempted to play Foden left of the front three, but he probably wouldn’t pose much of a threat running in behind. Mahrez could (in theory).

I should be amazed about the stats from yesterday's game (on OS commentary) if it were not for the fact that they're so repetitious. 75% possession, eight shots off target, eight on target and, if memory serves me well, ten or eleven corners. It may well be the same on Tuesday night, and we could still draw.

The team is very wasteful on goal and have been all Season.

People say our defence have problems but so do our attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.