Is there a lack of intensity in our game? If so, how do we solve it?

Could some of the problems be down to the negative narrative that surrounds us 24/7? It certainly gets me down. In fact it's got the the point where I dont watch SSN anymore, listen to sports bulletins, or read the sports sections of any newspapers. When u also add in all the decisions from VAR that have gone against us, maybe this is adding to the players attitude. Some people say that should just spur us on which is fine if u have that aggressive personality to think I'm gonna show these fuckers they are wrong. Unfortunately not every one has that type of personality. I think all of the above is having a psychological effect on the team. Which is being shown on the pitch and how we are playing.

Could some of the problems be down to the negative narrative that surrounds us 24/7? It certainly gets me down. In fact it's got the the point where I dont watch SSN anymore, listen to sports bulletins, or read the sports sections of any newspapers. When u also add in all the decisions from VAR that have gone against us, maybe this is adding to the players attitude. Some people say that should just spur us on which is fine if u have that aggressive personality to think I'm gonna show these fuckers they are wrong. Unfortunately not every one has that type of personality. I think all of the above is having a psychological effect on the team. Which is being shown on the pitch and how we are playing.
Couldn't agree more. Alas, its an anomaly that was rarely discussed by the majority following the draw yesterday Like you say, it's got me down and I'm not even in the maelstrom.

I appreciate attacking a 10 man defence isn't easy, but we’re not dragging teams out, dragging them around the pitch, and disrupting their defensive lines like we’ve been doing for the last 2 season’s. Teams are camping in, flooding the box with players, and we keep on trying to get through the middle of them.

Have opposing managers and teams sussed us out, or have we run out of ideas and options to break these defensive lines down?
Indeed. Having our wingers constantly cutting inside against packed defences makes it harder n’all. We do this well at times but when it’s every time defences get wise to it and just stay in a shape.

This is why I started the; “Everyone against you? Good. Foster a siege mentality” thread.

I think we have to use all that as a positive from fans to players. We need to show them that we’re with them and know what’s going on.

The thing is I fear the players are too distant from the fans to understand that we’re going through it just like they are.

I feel a proper disconnect from the players to the fans.

Frank Lampard was the one who really highlighted that last week as he went round all four stands and applauded us. No City player ever does that. John Stones makes a point of applauding all of the East Stand every week but other than that nobody ever does anything more than wave to their family.

So I think we need to do a demonstration with banners and songs about VAR or the pro-Scouse PiGMOB/PL/media. Show the players we are with them and all in it together.

Failed experiment as it weakens the midfield. Also he’s too clumsy in that position.

He is better than the other option which is ottomendi

If pep was to play Garcia there I'd agree with you

We've seen every player have periods of outstanding performances, e.g. Stones 2 seasons ago, Jesus in his first, Mendy in his first, Bernie last season and so on.
For some reason, there appears to be a collective and simultaneous drop-off in form.
I just wonder if Pep is beginning to run out of ideas? I know he has the responsibility to keep all squad players happy but I does he need to make so many changes for each game. I can't remember when he last fielded the same eleven for two consecutive games.
Was it Joe Mercer or Allison who's policy was "Your in as long as you keep playing well".

He is better than the other option which is ottomendi

If pep was to play Garcia there I'd agree with you
I don’t think so. I’d rather have centre halves playing there than centre midfielders, plus with Ferna in midfield it gives the defence added assurance

We've seen every player have periods of outstanding performances, e.g. Stones 2 seasons ago, Jesus in his first, Mendy in his first, Bernie last season and so on.
For some reason, there appears to be a collective and simultaneous drop-off in form.
I just wonder if Pep is beginning to run out of ideas? I know he has the responsibility to keep all squad players happy but I does he need to make so many changes for each game. I can't remember when he last fielded the same eleven for two consecutive games.
Was it Joe Mercer or Allison who's policy was "Your in as long as you keep playing well".

We have had two outrageous seasons the drop of is this season, also losing Sane and Laporte are a major blow! Pep always says its about the players and losing Sane Laporte plus Kompany gone is a massive blow.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.