Is there a lack of intensity in our game? If so, how do we solve it?

I don’t think so. I’d rather have centre halves playing there than centre midfielders, plus with Ferna in midfield it gives the defence added assurance

I'd def agree with having ferna in midfield....its just that otto at centre half is a calamity....maybe pep should just give Garcia a go

Could some of the problems be down to the negative narrative that surrounds us 24/7? It certainly gets me down. In fact it's got the the point where I dont watch SSN anymore, listen to sports bulletins, or read the sports sections of any newspapers. When u also add in all the decisions from VAR that have gone against us, maybe this is adding to the players attitude. Some people say that should just spur us on which is fine if u have that aggressive personality to think I'm gonna show these fuckers they are wrong. Unfortunately not every one has that type of personality. I think all of the above is having a psychological effect on the team. Which is being shown on the pitch and how we are playing.
They’re only human. It’s a good point

The Laporte injury was a double whammy , we lost a world class defender , but also lost a world class defensive midfielder in Dinho but who has played brilliantly at centre back , as much as i like Rodri its his 1st season and he isnt near Dinho's level yet. The intensity of our midfield has dropped significantly because of this situation , if Laporte had not been injured we would be neck and neck with the Dippers , which is a poor refelction on our recruitment in the summer , but hindsight is a fine thing , we knew about Vinny leaving but Laporte was one of those freak collisions which is costing us dearly

A new signing is needed I reckon, somebody who could galvanise and inspire this team. Doesn't have to be a seasoned 30yr old either. We're starting to look knackered and if that's not true then we look predictable. We need to find a way to penetrate the bus! This horseshoe ain't working no more.

I dont see a lack of intensity. I see a lack of confidence. We're not putting the chances away, our passing is laboured, the defence are nervous, we're not flowing. Players are complaining at each other too which is ok but I see divisions between defence and midfield on what pass should have been made or poor passes. Frustration.

I actually think we're missing someone who bangs heads together in the dressing room and delivers the message to the team from the manager. I actually think we should bring Kompany back to get things ticking again. But I dont think Pep liked him tbh. I might be wrong

I really don’t understand the grammar police on here. It’s so snobby. Some on here are dyslexic or disable or have had head injuries etc etc Who gives a frig of someone spells Otamendi wrong?
Don't know why Karen liked your post. She's in the grammar police brigade too. Pulling me on sterling/ Stirling.

The press has subsided.
Retaining the ball and winning back within that 3 seconds is disappearing.
Standing off tacklingand running backwards, while the opposition player attacks.
Running off the ball, making those short passes and triangles, isn’t as obvious.
Passing sideways far too much.
The desire, hunger, and general will to win isn’t as obvious.
Who’s our Captain?
In hindsight, even though we all knew it, losing Kompany is a massive blow, not just for the defence, but for the whole team.
A rock, a leader, and a captain.
You've just save me a post fella. 100% this.

The issue to me is in multiple parts:
  • Gundogan in midfield instead of Fernandinho sees us use too many short sideways and backwards, at slow pace
  • Fernandinho's ability to cover ground, athleticism, and press is missed in the middle, things Gundogan and Rodri are poor at
  • Bernie's demotion has us missing a guy who runs his socks off, often leading our press
  • Playing Gundogan, Merl, and Rodri together too often, three quite slow players
  • No Leroy Sane
  • We seemed a bit drained from the past two seasons, both physically and mentally

The issue to me is in multiple parts:
  • Gundogan in midfield instead of Fernandinho sees us use too many short sideways and backwards, at slow pace
  • Fernandinho's ability to cover ground, athleticism, and press is missed in the middle, things Gundogan and Rodri are poor at
  • Bernie's demotion has us missing a guy who runs his socks off, often leading our press
  • Playing Gundogan, Merl, and Rodri together too often, three quite slow players
  • No Leroy Sane
  • We seemed a bit drained from the past two seasons, both physically and mentally
Agreed but Bernado is a different player to last season , never doubted his work rate but his form has fallen off badly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.