Running thread

21.02 for the Park Run yesterday. Went off (as usual) a bit quick and then failed to sustain it after suffering on an incline at 2.5k. Still determined to get under 20 minutes although my knees keep telling me its not a good idea. Did anyone else do parkrun?

That's ace time mate...my PB remains at 20:50...50 seconds and under 20 but that seems ever more elusive (I got that last year). Joined the gym and bulked up a little which may have slowed me down. Ran a Park Run yesterday and it was so stunning...think I actually prefer running in winter (especially when it's blue skies and crisp).

That's ace time mate...my PB remains at 20:50...50 seconds and under 20 but that seems ever more elusive (I got that last year). Joined the gym and bulked up a little which may have slowed me down. Ran a Park Run yesterday and it was so stunning...think I actually prefer running in winter (especially when it's blue skies and crisp).

Thanks pal. It was the same here mate. Got up around 7:30 to stretch my legs and my hands felt like they were to fall off in the cold. By 9 it was blue skies, totally stunning and the perfect running day.

Bit elusive here too. Got down to 20:13, 5 years ago but never thought about the significance of trying to push below and now at 43 really want to do it once as time pushes on. Losing a minute feels like a tall order as I only managed the first K at 4 mins, rather than hit 5 at that pace.

Totally agree about winter running. I even enjoy running in the dark under the streetlights and headlights of passing cars. Senses seem more heightened and it feels like you have been given a shot of adrenalin.

Gym work is great but bulking up not the best for running but all about what you enjoy and your body make up. Always been on the skinny side so easier to run than try lifting heavy weights

Last edited:
Thanks pal. It was the same here mate. Got up around 7:30 to stretch my legs and my hands felt like they were to fall off in the cold. By 9 it was blue skies, totally stunning and the perfect running day.

Bit elusive here too. Got down to 20:13, 5 years ago but never thought about the significance of trying to push below and now at 43 really want to do it once as time pushes on. Losing a minute feels like a tall order as I only managed the first K at 4 mins, rather than hit 5 at that pace.

Totally agree about winter running. I even enjoy running in the dark under the streetlights and headlights of passing cars. Senses seem more heightened and it feels like you have been given a shot of adrenalin.

Gym work is great but bulking up not the best for running but all about what you enjoy and your body make up. Always been on the skinny side so easier to run than try lifting heavy weights

Described the sense of running in the dark very well. Probably why I can't really take to treadmill, there's no distractions (unless the gymshark women are in...). Running through traffic, people...keeps the brain diverted from what you're doing. Went for another run yesterday but damaged my knee the day before on the uneven, frozen ground. Will be fine in a few days.
I had no choice re the gym...I simply lost too much weight (including muscle) which may have caused the hip issues (although the shape of my hip sockets always made an injury a certainy, especially when doing sports such as tennis and running. I do yoga, pilates and weights (whole host of exercises tbh) and at 46 have never been in better shape.
But wow...winter running under blue skies is an utter joy.

Keep me posted re under 20....I'm hovering back up around 24 mins at the moment....

Driving up to the match today from the South West coast so stopped to do Warwick Park Run on route. Legs were heavy after 2 hours 30 behind the wheel and a heavy cardio session yesterday but scraped in under 21 mins @somapop.

Really decent, flat course on firm designated pathways besides a bottleneck (as always) at the start. Definitely pencilled it in to revisit as perfect to run a PB.

Described the sense of running in the dark very well. Probably why I can't really take to treadmill, there's no distractions (unless the gymshark women are in...). Running through traffic, people...keeps the brain diverted from what you're doing. Went for another run yesterday but damaged my knee the day before on the uneven, frozen ground. Will be fine in a few days.
I had no choice re the gym...I simply lost too much weight (including muscle) which may have caused the hip issues (although the shape of my hip sockets always made an injury a certainy, especially when doing sports such as tennis and running. I do yoga, pilates and weights (whole host of exercises tbh) and at 46 have never been in better shape.
But wow...winter running under blue skies is an utter joy.

Keep me posted re under 20....I'm hovering back up around 24 mins at the moment....

Similar boat here. Really got to nurse my body which is difficult when your intention is to push yourself and try to improve your times.

Must admit the step machine and cross trainer has become an integral part of my training. Not half as much fun as being outside hitting the beach, woods, streets but a necessary evil.

Driving up to the match today from the South West coast so stopped to do Warwick Park Run on route. Legs were heavy after 2 hours 30 behind the wheel and a heavy cardio session yesterday but scraped in under 21 mins @somapop.

Really decent, flat course on firm designated pathways besides a bottleneck (as always) at the start. Definitely pencilled it in to revisit as perfect to run a PB.

Wow. Well done again...and after that drive and heavy session the day before it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.